Very disappointed with absinthe :(

Maverik3

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 13, 2012
Meridian Idaho
Cannot get phone to complete the jailbreak. Always stops at the waiting for process to complete.... I tried restoring it 2 times and also once while putting it in DFU mode, and still no luck. I wish I would have held off on donating until it actually worked for me....

Edit: ended up getting to work in 3rd computer I tried

Last edited:

sirpots

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2011
Nebraska
Cannot get phone to complete the jailbreak. Always stops at the waiting for process to complete.... I tried restoring it 2 times and also once while putting it in DFU mode, and still no luck. I wish I would have held off on donating until it actually worked for me....
when you restore your iPhone do you put your back up of your phone on it? Try doing it when your on the "set up your iPhone" menu. Also make sure you have the new version 2.01

Comment

nwmtnbiker

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2011
Fidalgo Island
I've did my 4s this morning with the same problems. What actually worked for me was restoring with iTunes and not touching the phone but letting iTunes finish activating. So my phone was still on the multi language screen when i ran Absinthe and all went smooth. Later this afternoon did my gf's the same way without a hitch.

Comment

Qoo

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2010
MI
use the latest version of Absinthe 2.0.1

when you restore make sure you have the clean version of 5.1.1

it should work like charm

Comment

Maverik3

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 13, 2012
Meridian Idaho
Re downloaded 2.01 each time I tried and I had already tired without touching the phone after the restore and still didn't work:(

Comment

hackthatphone

macrumors 68000
Jul 28, 2010
I've did my 4s this morning with the same problems. What actually worked for me was restoring with iTunes and not touching the phone but letting iTunes finish activating. So my phone was still on the multi language screen when i ran Absinthe and all went smooth. Later this afternoon did my gf's the same way without a hitch.

Was hoping this would have worked for me but no dice.

Waiting for reboot and error -5 can't connect to lockdown on 2.0.1. Guess I'll wait for 2.0.2.

Comment

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
having problems too I'm guessing it's a temporary problem that will be fixed shortly just be patient. everybody rushes in the 1st day and it always causes problems.

Comment

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
Was hoping this would have worked for me but no dice.

Waiting for reboot and error -5 can't connect to lockdown on 2.0.1. Guess I'll wait for 2.0.2.
Try:
A) Changing to the administrator account on Windows.

B) On iPhone: Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Content and Settings. Then re-download a fresh version of Absinthe 2.0.1 (Official site or iClarified) and run it again and I think it should work.

C) Change USB port

Comment

hackthatphone

macrumors 68000
Jul 28, 2010
The solution (for my clearly screwed up computer) was creating a new partition, installing Lion, updating it and then Absinthe worked.

What in the heck is missing in my file system on the other partition is beyond me.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.