very disappointed with iTunes and Store

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rightlyso, Nov 20, 2008.

1. rightlyso macrumors member

Tonight I made my second purchase ever of an Apple product and I am so far disappointed as (h)ell.

(The 1st purchase was an Airport Express but that's a story for another day.)

Tonight's purchase was a movie rental download. The download proceeded flawlessly. The movie started playing and six minutes into the movie I decided to pause it to answer the phone. When I tried to play it again, no go. I restarted the computer (Windows XP), and each time I try to play the movie, it goes to the same 6 minute spot but does not play. No other movies will play either,

I uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes to no available. The original movie is stuck at 6 minutes and no other movies will play.

No problem, I thought. Call iTunes Store customer support. Wrong! As all of you know they have no phone number. You have to email them and wait up to 48 hours for a response.

I called 1-800-My-Apple. They offered to help--for a $9 fee! So much for the myth of Apple service and product design.

Luckily I have a new Dell tower arriving next week (for 1/5th the price of a mac pro), and a movie rental store down the street.

2. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

I'm sorry for your troubles, it sucks that your movie was corrupted, but Apple needs to pay its customer support staff. Of course, I feel that you're taking jabs in the wrong direction. A corrupt movie download could be from a variety of things and does not reflect on the company's other products (such as a Mac Pro... don't hate the price, it's well worth the money for those who need it).