Very excited! [Getting iMac in late summer]

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Gemmy, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Gemmy, Jul 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2012

Gemmy macrumors newbie

I am very happy to say I'll be buying my first apple computer next month. I figured since I don't really travel and my college isn't like a university with a campus, I decided to get an iMac. I've heard nothing but great things about apple so I'm pretty sure I'm going to love my new computer. Like a lot of people, I've been a windows user all my life and just like a lot of people, I'm just fed up with the crappy software and loads of viruses. I'll be getting my iMac sometime in mid August or early September. I have to say getting an iMac has me even more excited for college :)

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Congratulations
    Welcome to the Mac family and to the Macrumors family as well

The iMac is a great computer and should serve you well

3. zone23 macrumors 68000

I've had my Macs for about 3-4 months now. I used Windows for about 20 years and I have to say i'm excited to use the them (see my signature) everyday. The hardware is exactly what I expect in 2012. I think the iMac is the most reasonably priced of all the Apple products. I paid about $1,100 and most windows machines (all in ones) that are worth anything are $899 so its not that much more. If your like me you'll love it and want more. Its nice too because you can run Windows if you want but I generally can't get out of Windows fast enough.

Edit:
    About a week ago I bought the wife a MacBook Air and she has NEVER loved a laptop so much. It is awesome.

4. Overg macrumors 6502

Like you I am in excitement mode from January and still no iMac to buy.
    This is insane I was never in such position regarding gadgets.
    Apple is loosing so many newcomers because of the idiotic secrecy, over nothing.

5. davidgnomo macrumors 6502a

davidgnomo

Same for me ... excepting the fact that I wanted an iMac last September but had a small (and expensive) car accident so I decided to postpone the big step to January, then everybody in here said to wait March and Ivy Bridge, so I postponed to April, and since then I'm waiting to get something up to date and not a 2011 Mac ... :(

6. Mad Sativa macrumors member

7. kblake macrumors newbie

Had my iMac for 2 months ow..

Windows user since Windows 95. I left my PC set up when I got the iMac but after 2 weeks I had not turned it on so I packed it away (in the iMac box lol) and there it stays..

Loving the experience.

8. MagicThief83 macrumors 6502

I too was a Windows user all my life and never really had an interest in Apple products until I bought the iPod touch. After that, I decided to pick up the new iPad, and that was essentially the gateway into the Apple world. I have been waiting for a new iMac refresh since February (when I decided to jump ship to Mac OSX), I sold my Alienware M17x and all of my PC accessories. I grew inpatient ever since the absence of an iMac refresh at WWDC, so instead of further waiting, I decided to jump the gun, and I bought a 2012 BTO 11" MBA with an i7 2.0 GHz processor, 8GB RAM, and 256GB SSD! (go big or go home lol). It should arrive tomorrow. I honestly couldn't wait anymore, and I believe the new iMacs won't be released until sometime in the fall. I am extremely looking forward to experiencing OSX and can't wait until the Air arrives. I will definitely pick up a new iMac once those are released as well. I really love Apples products and I believe the have a much much better product ecosystem than Microsoft. The cohesiveness of the Apple ecosystem makes it very appealing, and for me, that was a huge attraction to Apple product family. Can't wait to start using my new Mac soon!!!:D

9. LaCobra macrumors newbie

congrats!

I will be getting my iMac at the end of august. I will be getting a nice amount of money by then :D

If I had the money right now, I would of gotten it already. So I have no choice but to wait, hopefully the new iMac is released but if it isn't I wouldn't really care.

If by then there is no sign of the iMac there is no way I will wait.

I have work to do.

10. NunoBerny macrumors regular

NunoBerny

And they aren't losing many more because they still have some "aura" left, otherwise people (like me, for example) would have stopped waiting.
    But there are limits.

This secrecy may have served them well in the past, but nowadays it's just idiotic.
    It only forces people to wait forever or buy older machines. This is not something a potential client likes to know about.

11. phillytim, Jul 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2012

phillytim macrumors 6502a

phillytim

12. ivoruest macrumors 6502

ivoruest

to Phyllytim.

Isn't this forum all about rummors and speculation? Is it not right to be anxious over the next generation of any Apple products and talk about it all day long?