VERY Frustrated - All Kinds of Problems...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ~J~, May 5, 2008.

1. ~J~ macrumors 6502

For some reason, lately, I cant so much as download a file without my MBP sounding like a 737 during take off. Its also been beach balling A LOT lately, network connections are very slow (5Ghz N only) and frequently drop, and Ive had a lot of hard lockups that require a good 'ol hold the power button to make it restart. Im extremely frustrated & ready to throw my Mac out the window. What happened to OSX that made it like this? It used to run so smoothly, now it feels very slow & unstable. Whats wrong with it? Why is it doing this?

2. OzExige macrumors 6502

OzExige

If you're using 10.5.2 (like me) we'll just have to wait for 10.5.3.
    It will be a lot better, I promise!
    .... well I don't promise, but Apple will, they've been copping a lot of flak over 10.5 and .1 and .2 they wont make another mistake with .3
    I have lost permissions on our xserve and constantly have to run Disk Utility on all our Macs.
    It's a real pain in the gluteus maximus :(

3. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

I'm beginning to regret the extra $25 I had to have Leopard pre-installed on my iBook when I bought it used. Leopard is fairly fast, but very unstable. I really hope 10.5.3 fixes these issues.

Just hang in there guys!

4. TH-Gunner macrumors regular

Sounds like some process is running your CPU in circles... Open up Activitiy Monitor, enable viewing all processes, and see what the problem is.

5. mperkins37 macrumors 6502a

mperkins37

Leopard has been extremely stable on my MacPro, no problems with kernel panics, or any of that stuff. Only froze once while installing Leopard on my raptor drive. Very happy with it overall.

6. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Leopard has not froze once for me yet.

You need to open Activity Monitor, see all processes, and sort by CPU usage to see if anything is using more CPU than you expect.

I suspect you probably have multiple instances of web sites with CPU stealing flash running.