Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
Hello all,

So im an avid phone switcher and always end up coming back to the iPhone due to the smooth ways of iOS and the ecosystem, but one thing I have became extremely frustrated with is the ability to manage attachments in an email. Im at a point in my life where I am applying for jobs and I need to be able to attach my resume but it seems like its such a hassle to do so. Is there any other email clients that will allow me to incorporate iFile or some other file manager to manage attachments in an email. This is one very frustrating area where I find so easy to do on Android.

Any thoughts or methods will be appreciated.

Nanasaki

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2010
Hello all,

So im an avid phone switcher and always end up coming back to the iPhone due to the smooth ways of iOS and the ecosystem, but one thing I have became extremely frustrated with is the ability to manage attachments in an email. Im at a point in my life where I am applying for jobs and I need to be able to attach my resume but it seems like its such a hassle to do so. Is there any other email clients that will allow me to incorporate iFile or some other file manager to manage attachments in an email. This is one very frustrating area where I find so easy to do on Android.

Any thoughts or methods will be appreciated.

Do it on your computer... that is bees way when it comes to job search.

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
I'm not actually applying for jobs on my phone. I could just have to simply reply back to someone with my resume attached. It's in a docx file but I bet the easiest way is just to covert it to a PDF and send it that way. Most of the time I have to reply to the email and I need a way to search and attach. Hopefully they find a way to incorporate this in later versions of iOS.

Jambalaya

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2013
UK
Yes, save it as a PDF, share it with the phone via iCloud, eg import into iBooks. It is a bit of a pain as you cannot reply and attach but if you save the email address into contacts or just copy it you can send the PDF and an email covering note from inside iBooks.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
I wish we had a spot for documents/files/pictures etc that was available to all the apps for this reason alone. At the minimum available to mail. This would eliminate a lot of the headaches people have with adding items to emails.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.