Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcmike100

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2005
I just got my new PowerBook and am very frustrated by its home and end keys (accessed by holding fn on the left and right arrows): they don't work in forms.

When I'm filling out a form on a website, I'm unable to quickly go to the beginning or the end. Is there any way to fix this, maybe a program I can download or something?

Thanks

nerdykarim

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2005
atlanta, ga
mcmike100 said:
I just got my new PowerBook and am very frustrated by its home and end keys (accessed by holding fn on the left and right arrows): they don't work in forms.

When I'm filling out a form on a website, I'm unable to quickly go to the beginning or the end. Is there any way to fix this, maybe a program I can download or something?

Thanks

i've only been a switcher for a couple weeks myself. but try either cmd or ctrl + arrow keys.

mcmike100

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2005
Cool, thanks. It's unfortunate, but it seems that on the Mac fn-right, ctrl-right, and command-right can all be End in different programs :(

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
mcmike100 said:

Thanks
I'm guessing a little bit here, but when you're in a web form and hit "end" or "home" it is going to the beginning or end of the particular form in which you're typing.

You can check out what I mean by replying to a message here on the forum. If you are typing the reply and try and hit "end" it won't go anywhere, but if you click outside the box, it will go to the end of the thread string.

In many cases, you can do an Option-Tab to get out of the form field and then hit end.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.