Very glitchy, and freezing up??

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Deenasty, May 2, 2012.

1. Deenasty macrumors newbie

Hello everyone! I have a 15" MBP. I am running Mac OS X, 2.53 I5, with 8GB DDR3. Just recently, it is having a difficult time loading youtube videos, and just maneuvering from app to app and opening things up. I get the circle time icon, and it takes it time to load things. All of my software is up to date, and I have all ready checked and repaired the HD with Disk Utility. My other MBP is not doing this. Any recommendations? Thanks guys!

2. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

Did you stress test the RAM to see if the sticks are bad?

You can test your RAM through Apple Hardware Test or through the ways described here. Also, from personal experience, Disk Utility won't always catch a failing drive.

3. Deenasty thread starter macrumors newbie

I ran MEMTEST through the link you provided me. Everything turned up "ok". As for a failing hard drive, I really doubt it. It just seems to me like its getting hung up especially when trying to load video (i.e youtube). I have the latest Adobe flash installed as well. Its not my internet connection either. Any other suggestions? Thank You folks!

4. GGJstudios, May 3, 2012
    Last edited: May 3, 2012

GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

When you're experiencing the slowdowns:
    1. Launch Activity Monitor
    2. Change "My Processes" at the top to "All Processes"
    3. Click on the CPU column heading once or twice, so the arrow points downward (highest values on top).
    4. Click on the System Memory tab at the bottom.
    5. Take a screen shot of the whole Activity Monitor window, then scroll down to see the rest of the list, take another screen shot
    6. Post your screenshots.