very good deal for a blackbook?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by FuuFuu, Jul 15, 2008.

1. FuuFuu macrumors regular

FuuFuu

i found this person that wants to sell a blackbook for 1100 in person and in cash. here are the specs

Apple MacBook
    13.3 inch
    2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    SuperDrive
    250 GB Hard Drive
    4 GB RAM
    Airport Wireless
    Built-In Camera
    Comes with BootCamp so you can run two operating systems
    Full Service AppleCare warranty until June 2011.

its new, bought a month ago and all CDs comes with he says. what do you guys think>

2. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

That is exceptional. However if it's in person that seems more legit. How did you find it exactly? The only thing I would do is ask for the serial number to run it through Apple (where people can register stolen computers) as well as check with the police. Otherwise, an excellent deal.

3. FuuFuu thread starter macrumors regular

FuuFuu

how do i exactly do that? oh and does it show the specs? the only other thing i'm worried about it whether the specs are right.

4. 204467 macrumors 6502a

I agree. As long as it is legal and not stolen, jump on that deal like there's no tomorrow. That is a fantastic price for such a product! If it came in the full retail box, I don't think it could be better (I really like Apple's packaging; sometimes I'm sad I threw away my iPod Classic's box because I was cleaning up my desk).

5. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

Just ask for it then call Apple. I don't think there's an issue with that. Ask for Customer Services or something. They should have specs. Cheers

6. iknowyourider macrumors 6502a

iknowyourider

You can click on the apple in the top left screen , then click on "about this mac", then "more info". There will be all the specs. If it is black, if it was purchased in june 2008, if the serial number is not RM...(for remanufactured), it does indeed have those specs (look in the apple online store). A refurb / remanufactured could have a 3 yr warranty and less specs but it is hard to lie about specs.

I would insist (when negotiating) that upon purchase, that he immediately call apple to transfer the warranty. I did that for a friend that bought mine and it only took a minute. I just gave his name and email to the apple support person.

7. FuuFuu thread starter macrumors regular

FuuFuu

gotcha thanks

8. Bobjob186 macrumors 6502

buy it, that's an awesome deal...and by awesome I mean really good.