Very happy Apple Store customer

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by dontwalkhand, Jul 10, 2007.

1. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Before I have purchased this Apple keyboard to use with my MacBook pro, I was typing on a crappy MS keyboard. The MS keyboard finally got on my nerves, so I cracked it in two halves my knees, and had to resort to typing on the MBP itself for a while (a few hours ;)). Obviously while the MBP is being used as a desktop, using the keyboard on the computer itself is not a very good solution, I obviously needed to buy a new keyboard. Why not buy an Apple keyboard to match the MBP?

I walked into the Apple store in Chandler, and was greeted immediately by their friendly staff. "How can I help you" the person asked me, I said I needed a keyboard, and he was all no problem, and instead of having me going to get the keyboard myself, he actually grabbed it for me, and used his handheld POS thing to complete the transaction, and I was well on my way. Usually other stores treat their customers like crap, and of course when I walked into the Apple store, I did not expect this level of service.

Now I know why I use a Mac, and love Apple. Apple really does think of everything to make sure the customer is satisfied. In the end, these kinds of things reminds me why I chose to use a Mac, and am very happy with all of my past Apple purchases, not regretting them one bit. This level of service is why I am glad to use a Mac, and other apple products.

Lol, yes this probably does sound like it is a crazy post, but the level of service that Apple provides is just amazing, and I just felt that I needed to tell the rest of the mac using community this ;).

BTW, if anyone is wondering why the MS keyboard frustrated me to all end, it was because the keys kept sticking, and some letters would not register. And before anyone suggests anger management, don't worry, I am not crazy ;)

Also, the Apple Keyboard goes great asthettically (SP?) with the MBP, and is very comfortable to type on. Also, its much quieter than the MS keyboard.

2. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

It's a refreshing shopping experience in an Apple Store. In most retail these days there's no customer service at all. Thanks for sharing!

3. SuperCompu2 macrumors 6502a

SuperCompu2

Glad to see some more satisfied posts. I really hate the growing number of hateful posts when there are so many of us satisfied customers out there keeping quiet.

I want an Apple store in Central MA!

4. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

glad to hear it! I love apple stores and I'm glad to see one being made close to my parents house

5. furcalchick macrumors 68020

furcalchick

can i add my own? last month, i had a big time kernel panic late at night, and i went straight to the apple store right when they opened that next day, and the guys were so nice and grateful despite my frequent panics about panics. he easily took care of the problem and told me how to avoid the situation in the future. (apparently, it was a bad file or something that caused it, error didn't want to boot the os, and the lesson i learned is to back up my data, bought an external drive that day, but not at the apple store though.) great service, even though i didn't buy anything there that day. i give them a 10.

6. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

Yeah, that's a great Apple store. I used to go in there all the time when I lived in AZ and the employees were always very friendly and helpful. Glad to hear you had a good experience too. I hope the new Apple store opening out there this fall (SanTan Mall in Gilbert) turns out to be as good as this one is.

7. barr08 macrumors 65816

barr08

Another happy customer. Although it wasn't me, I can take care of most things that turn up in my iMac, my buddy got vomit on his MBP at a party, and when it wouldn't turn on, we took it into the store. They fixed it up right away, and the guy was really cool. The only problem was they all started making fun of me when I started whistling Air Supply to myself, as I often do without thinking. :rolleyes:

An interesting thing I found out that day, my old high school's superintendent, who was once one of the more powerful people in my town, is now an employee at the apple store. I had to double take when I saw her, it seems like a step down as a career move, although personally I would rather be an apple store employee than a school official.

</random ramblings>

8. Vuzie macrumors regular

Vuzie

Yay for Apple Store Employees!
    I agree with iSaint (and everyone else). Last time, I went to buy an accessory, the day after the iPhone launch. I was expecting horrendous wait times just to talk to someone. My dude, Jerome, ran off to find me what I was looking for (it wasn't on display), and then whisked me to a register, despite the line of people :)o I offered to get in line and he wouldn't let me). I was in and out of that store in less than 15 minutes! Every time I go, they do something little that tells me I matter as a consumer (as opposed to other companies). And when I Leave, I just want to HUG my Apple rep. Really.

9. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

I have also had a good, but different, shopping experience with Apple.

I ordered an external hard-drive to backup my photos and iTunes library on Tuesday evening via the online UK Store and it arrived the following day! The order confirmation email gave an expected delivery date of the 12th July.

Let's just say I was very impressed.

:)

10. dontwalkhand thread starter macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

When you have enough of the beurocracy, you want a job thats a bit more laid back, the apple store is a perfect place for that kind of job it seems ;)