Very Happy with iPhone 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ninethirty, Jul 11, 2008.

1. ninethirty macrumors 6502a

Since it's usually all complaining on the forums I thought I'd just quickly post my experience and what I think about the new phone.

Got in line at Michigan Ave Apple Store at midnight lastnight... got in quickly at 8 today got the phone, and then had activation problems. That was annoying but luckily I was so tired from not sleeping in line that I came home and slept for 5 hours. Phone activated perfectly after that and I have to say I'm very impressed.

I was skeptical about the plastic back but I actually think it looks and feels better than the aluminum... 3G is killer. I walked around for 30 minutes listening to Pandora Radio over 3G and it was perfect. Love the mobile me intergration, love exchange, obviously the App store kicks ass, and very thrilled to have GPS in my phone now.

I would have gladly payed $600 for this phone again like I did last year so $299 was a steal for me.

Go easy on Apple today... with that many activations things were bound to crash. Anyway... I'm quite happy with my purchase, anyone else feeling the same way?

2. mymacrumorse macrumors member

Yes I had initial problems with activations but once done so far so good... I hope it stays the same way ... With 3G on battery drains faster ... But if you are working or at home keep it plugged when not in use.... If you dne use 3G or Wifi... then turn it off.... Gud luck with it .. Overall Nice one

3. craig1410 macrumors 65816

craig1410

Yup, I'm happy. I queued for an hour or so this morning and got nowhere but went back out at lunchtime and didn't even have to queue for my 8GB model.

I managed to get activated after a bit of a fight and all I need now is a signal as I currently have "no service". It's all part of the adventure as I see it and the end result will be worth it. I'm pretty impressed so far with the functionality and feeling of quality of the device. Looking forward to making my first phone call!!

Cheers,
    Craig.

4. cantankerously macrumors regular

I'm very pleased so far with the 16gb white iPhone. It's my first Apple product and let me say that the interface and build quality of this phone is top notch. I've got IMAP gmail set up, wifi connects at home, and I'm trying to create a iTunes database now.

5. luckystephens macrumors member

luckystephens

+1

I was #70 in the line at my local AT&T store. I arrived around 6:30am, and had the phone in my hand at 9:30am. The phone was activated within 30mins, the only difficulty I had was registering it with iTunes so I could sync all of my data. That didn't happen until just after 2pm. I didn't freak out, I went and had lunch with the wife and tried to sync every once and awhile until it went through.

I'm very pleased with the speed of the 3G radio, the accuracy of the GPS, and the much improved speaker. Those three features alone, on top of the extra 8GB's, are worth the $300 upgrade. An international launch was a very courageous endeavor taken on by Apple, and people need to take that into account before they start complaining about Apple dropping the ball. Look at the totality of the circumstances. In this case the ends most certainly justifies the means.