Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amro

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
So, I know there are issues with MobileMe for some, but I must say I'm quite happy. And I thought I'd post something that isn't a gripe.

I have 2 main email accts. Gmail and Yahoo. I have Gmail setup to route to my mobile me and my iPhone replies via Gmail. From work, my emails sent to Gmail pop up on my phone in just under 20 seconds. My replies can take up to a minute, but that's mostly due to our corporate servers. I know this due to other email sent via regular channels which can take some time as well.

When I change a contact on either my iPhone or MobileMe via Firefox, the update is instantaneous. I just updated a contact on MobileMe. When I picked up my iPhone and accessed the contacts, the information was already there.

Only 2 minor issues for me:
1. MobileMe locks up FireFox for a few seconds every 30 seconds or so. This is on FireFox 3.0.1 with MobileMe running on a separate tab page.
2. I setup a Family group on MobileMe with contacts pointed to that, but don't see the contacts in that group on my iPhone. My iPhone shows the Family group to be empty.

So, aside from these 2 minor issues, MobileMe is running the way I expected it to be. I haven't done any Exchange or corporate setup, so obviously I can't speak to that, but I can say when this was touted as "push for the rest of us" then it's doing what I understood it was supposed to do.

kgood

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2008
MobileMe has been great for me. However I forward my Gmail to my ME account so I instantly know when I have a new email then I just go to my Gmail on my phone and let it fetch. However today push hasnt been working at all for my ME account. It is only fetching. Anyone else having push problems with there ME account today.......

Scooterman1

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2008
Houston, Tx
Mostly working for me now, also.

I only have a SyncServer.exe error every time I start MS Outlook 2007 when I start my computer (Vista Ultimate).

jediistar

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2007
I do love it and have the same gmail to me forwarding thing going on. However, I think I may try and remove the push function of the email side to fetch and see if it aids in battery life at all. I want the push calender/contact since they aren't always in use but push email seems to have taken a toll on my battery as i'm sure has only been discussed a million times before. Anyone else try this, fetch on their me account to increase battery life?

Harpy007

macrumors regular
Dec 31, 2006
MobileMe has been great for me. However I forward my Gmail to my ME account so I instantly know when I have a new email then I just go to my Gmail on my phone and let it fetch. However today push hasnt been working at all for my ME account. It is only fetching. Anyone else having push problems with there ME account today.......

I've had the same problem: today my ME account didn't push any of my emails so I checked manually the mail app to find out I had two emails!! I was really mad, this isn't what Apple promised at all. I just hope everything will be fixed soon....

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
I honestly don't see the point in the service, at least for the $99 it's sold for.

I guess I'm just not a huge geek of push e-mail. It's nice, but all it does is speed up e-mail checking by a few minutes. I never get anything pertinent enough on my accounts on the phone that requires such urgency. I also don't need ANOTHER e-mail address. I would rather bug AT&T into developing push for their DSL customers since that would be way less work and money for me!

I also don't see much point in the online backup of stuff unless you start talking oodles of gigs. As far as the online access to all of that stuff I sync, um, isn't a lot of that what iPhones do?

To top all of this off, "Mobile Me???" What kind of Microsoft reject name is that? I'm guessing it's to not make people think it's just for Mac users, but damn.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.