Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fjs08

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2003
At home where I have my iPhone linked to my ISP my iPhone runs great. I was at a condo in Florida last week where it was linked to another ISP and it worked great. In my office which has the same ISP as my home, I notice that the iPhone is really hot most of the time, and the battery is run down by noon.

I have to bring my charger to the office or it will run down by the end of the day. WHY???? And how can I correct it.
Thanks.
Frank

jsimpson

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2006
Mine did something similar yesterday....it was fully charged around 7:30am and by about 10:45 it was down to 1/4 battery left. I only made one 5min phone call, and had location services and bluetooth off but Wifi on. I have not had an issue with the battery until now and it was very hot on the back and the glass face. It seems to be doing ok today (so far) but I am going to go by the Apple Store tomorrow afternoon and let them check it out. I would hate to have a buring battery in my pocket. :)

AppleFan360

macrumors 68020
Jan 26, 2008
The only time my iPhone gets hot is when I'm using the data services extensively. Netshare really heats it up.

fjs08

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2003
I just checked my iPhone, which has been sitting in my pocket all morning and it is down to 20% power. Strange.
I haven't used it at all this morning.

Frank

Topper82

macrumors member
Mar 4, 2008
I just checked my iPhone, which has been sitting in my pocket all morning and it is down to 20% power. Strange.
I haven't used it at all this morning.

Frank

I had this happen one time. I gave it another full charge and it never happened again...not sure what caused it.:confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.