Very impressed... AW multi-lingual message responses

mck88

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2017
Just noticed something... When you receive a new message in any language other than your regular one set on the AW, the canned responses AW offers you to use automatically switch to the language of the message received. Very impressive! I wish my iPhone was as clever and at least offered to change the keyboard to match the language! Anyways, thought I should share but apologies if this is a feature that has been around all this time. Cheers.

kevinf1990

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2011
I've noticed my iphone do something similar. If i am replying to a message that has chinese characters, it does automatically switch the keyboard to a chinese keyboard and if you are replying to a English message, the keyboards switches back to English. I am not sure if you have to have those keyboards added or not though. I already had the chinese keyboard added on my iphone.

matrix07

macrumors 601
Jun 24, 2010
Yeah.. the cool thing is if your native language doesn't support Scribble but you were sent a message in language that does, Scribble will show up.

mck88

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2017
Small correction and this ties into @kevinf1990 's response. Seems AW is not detecting the language of the last incoming message but is providing the Quick Response prompts based on the installed and currently active keyboard on the iPhone.