Very impressed with Apple customer service

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by c.s., Nov 4, 2009.

1. c.s. macrumors regular

c.s.

Last week I got a refurbished 24" LED Cinema Display. I may be more picky than the average user, but I noticed a slight gradient in brightness from side to side (left was slightly darker/bluer). I called Apple and explained this, and they gave me a prepaid shipping label to return the unit for a full refund. I ordered another one, which I received today, and it looks great. I'm impressed that Apple didn't even haggle with me over it. I tried to return a display to Dell once and it was a nightmare.

2. HBOC macrumors 68020

i have never had a problem with Apple. I've been to the genius bar maybe 16 times in a year and a half:) . Had to replace my iPhone 4 times (all under warranty)

3. briansolomon macrumors 6502

briansolomon

Apple does have exceptional customer service. I can totally agree with that. I just wish my experiences with their products was just as good as the customer I received for said products. :rolleyes:

4. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

I agree and it is a good story; in fact, Apple's excellent customer service was one of the main reasons I bought a MBP last year - two iPods had died within warranty three years ago and had been replaced immediately without a murmur, or seeking refuge in contractual small-print. More recently, an iPod 120 GB classic I bought in July (which died within weeks) was returned, and I was offered a refund, replacement or repair on the spot.

Cheers and good luck

5. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

I actually found Dell's CS to be very nice. I talked to them through their online chat thing and got my monitor replaced with no questions asked because I THOUGHT there was a problem with the color, but there wasn't. I am actually thinking about contacting them again to get my current monitor replaced because of a tilted/bent stand.

Also, Dell's dead pixel policy is better than anyone else. One dead or stuck pixels, and its a replacement. Most manufacturers, including Apple, require a handful or sometimes more to qualify.

Hmm...my post kinda sounds like I'm a Dell fanboy or something. Please do not think that ;)

6. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Haha funny I saw this thread. I just wrote a nice email about my wonderful Apple customer services experiences to the sjobs@apple.com or whatever it is email. I see people using it all the time to bitch but I decided to write a nice email because I got nothing but amazing customer support from Apple.