Very impressed with Fastmac battery

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by findnemo, Oct 10, 2008.

1. findnemo macrumors regular

My stock battery decided to crap out on me only giving me 2300mh after a restore.....down from 4k....so I decided to try out Fastmac's.

Very impressed with the quality. It's a tad lighter then the stock battery and the aluminum is dead on, although might be more silver, but that is prob due to my mbp being 2 years old and yellowed.

The best thing about this battery isn't the max mah......6500:eek: It's how this thing holds charge.

My stock battery would lose around 30% if left on sleep for 4-5 hours from 100%. The Fastmac's would lose.....maybe 1-3%.

I had a bump with the customer service because I used paypal and they couldn't find my payment for over a week, but they cleared that up. If you were to order from this site......use the CC option.

:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

Max time Wifi Off : 5 hours +
    Max time Wifi On : 4 hours 30 min
    Macbook Pro 2.0 ghz first generation

[​IMG]

P.S- Stock apple batteries come in at 5500 mah, this one comes in at 6500 mah. My battery might be a freak of nature :)

2. FightTheFuture macrumors 6502a

FightTheFuture

i've been very happy with the performance from FastMac as well - though i use a 5 year old 12" PowerBook :)

i get around 3-4 hours if i'm not doing anything graphic intensive. my battery is about a year old. the original battery had about the same results during it's peak life.

i also picked up an AC adapter that was small, cheap ($29) and works just as well as the Apple replacement. i left that one at the office and used the original at home. i'm not even sure you can get an older G4 notebook replacement anymore...

Attached Files:

3. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

Good to hear about these batteries, as I am sure I will need one for my 12" PB soon.

I just bought a replacement charger, but the original G4 charger are still sold for $70 :eek: I got mine for $42 after shipping.

4. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

Great information.

findnemo, how long does your notebook last ? Which notebook do you have ?

regards,
    Tex

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I was actually asking about these batteries in past and not people had them; looks like something I would consider in the future as well.

6. findnemo thread starter macrumors regular

Whoops forgot to add - I'm using a first generation 2.0 ghz Macbook Pro.

7. Wolf103FM macrumors regular

Did you have any issues with shipping? I ordered a battery last monday, and the order still shows as "processing". Tried e-mailing them last night about it, and have gotten no response.

EDIT: No more than 10 minutes after posting, I get two emails from fastmac stating they are now out of stock of the 15" MBP battery. Due to a number of them not meeting quality requirements after reopening the factory in China after the Olympics. Oh well, atleast I know what's going on now.

8. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

Hi,
    did somebody try the UMBP fastmac batteries ?

9. BleXXon macrumors newbie

@All: How did the battery performed after this time period? Can you post some coconut screenshots? That would be perfect!!

Thx

10. 09iMac=Fail macrumors regular

Also interested in hearing a long term report on these batteries. The battery in my MBP crapped out on me after about a year and I have been dragging it around with it's life support cord for over a year now, starting to get annoying.

11. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

I'm glad it worked out for you. I actually had to order a replacement battery for my macbook pro a week ago, and I decided to go with the Apple authentic. After doing some research, many people said the fastmacs would dies pretty quickly. I wanted to save the $, but in the end, figured I'd go w/ the reliable "old faithful."