Very Impressive iBand using only iPads (Christmas Themed too!)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by cloudberrybrew, Dec 9, 2010.

1. cloudberrybrew macrumors regular

The other day a local church in my town did this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9XNfWNooz4

They play two Christmas songs using only iPads and their apps. At the end of Feliz Navidad however, the singer is using the auto-tune app through an iPhone, not an iPad.

Its good to see someone finally did this, and its very very very cool and shows Apples groundbreaking easy fun.

2. cloudberrybrew thread starter macrumors regular

3. JakRox macrumors member

4. Skika macrumors 68030

5. EspressoQueen macrumors member

Very Neat!

Soooo creative. Thank you for sharing! 

6. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

7. pdawg macrumors regular

8. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68000

PBG4 Dude

9. MsMerryMac macrumors regular

Freaking amazing. That is THE coolest iPad video every - Steve Jobs should feature them on the Apple iPad site.

10. MsMerryMac macrumors regular

Does anyone know what apps they are using for the bells, keyboard? I now have 7 people that I showed this to begging to find out which apps they are.

11. Jakeblu macrumors regular

12. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

Not too upstage you, but the band Gorillaz made their entire new album on on iPad, and theyre releasing it for free on iTunes Christmas morning....

Good job though OP!

13. mikw4 macrumors newbie

14. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

+1 for wanting to know what apps they are using. I especially want the bells app!

15. Eldiablojoe macrumors 6502a

Eldiablojoe

16. saberahul macrumors 68040

They re-mixed the song by the trans-siberian orchestra - i like the original better but am impressed with the iPad's ability and their talent.

17. NeuralControl macrumors 6502a

That was such an awesome demonstration of the iPads' (and iPhones') ability to produce music. I really enjoyed the video.

18. nospeed411 macrumors 6502a

I was waiting for this to get posted. I caught this on TUAW almost a week ago. Heck I was so impressed I ripped it from youtube and used handbrake to convert a version for my iPhone. Hands down the coolest thing I have ever seen. Hey droid fans...TOP THAT!!!! LOL Every time my wife sees that she starts pining for an iPad of her own.....litlle does she know theres one under the tree for her..:D

19. appleofmy"i" macrumors regular

appleofmy"i"

Lol this may be the future of how churches, or anyone for that matter, do music. It is so much cheaper to buy a bunch of iPads and iPhones and really saves room. Good Job North Point!

20. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

No, no, no, appleofmy"i", according to too many people on this forum the iPad is for data consumption only not for its creation. :D

I was impressed with how the musicians changed the iPads and iPhones as needed between and during the songs.

I do agree that a very interesting door has been opened by the iPad and we have no more idea where it is going than I did back when I had a Commodore Vic 20 computer. :D

21. ///M5 macrumors 6502

This is far from Impressive. A bit stupid actually.

22. NT.Hardcore macrumors newbie

how can you really say that? maybe an explanation of your opinion? my band uses the ipad in alot of our recordings and jam sessions

23. MsMerryMac macrumors regular

Bah Humbug much? This is not only a fantastic testament to the variety of awesomeness that can be produced and/or experienced with the iPad, but you can tell these guys REALLY had fun putting their creativity out there. I think it's a smashing way to celebrate the Christmas spirit in this age of geekiness. :eek: