Very Informal Battery Life Test

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by astrostu, Sep 16, 2007.

1. astrostu macrumors 6502

With my WiFi off, I just set my music to play in alphabetical order and then left the Touch alone (so the screen did power off). I used it very briefly for a few things (related to screen testing, so I briefly played a video podcast clip and was on its internet with WiFi on), but probably less than 30 minutes total.

The iPod shut off after playing 23.2 hrs of music. When I turned it back on this morning, I got the warning that it was down tot 10% power, even though I had gotten that warning last night (so it didn't realize it had more power than it did).

So I very unofficially forecast that the music playing capability of this thing is probably around 25-27 hrs once you let your battery drain to "reset" it.

2. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

It brings up a screen

It brings up a screen that stops what it is doing at 20% and at 10%, you have to be there to hit the "dismiss" button

mine is lasting around 1.2 hours w/ wifi on and a movie playing

3. astrostu thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, I had it in front of me when it brought those up (the first time), so I did hit dismiss.

4. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

cool

im pretty impressive, the last 5% has gone for like 40 minutes now, i finished an entire movie with wifi on.

close to 2 hours w/ both on starting at 80 percent charge