VERY light dent in MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by clairebearhelms, Jul 11, 2012.

1. clairebearhelms macrumors newbie

Okay, so really this isn't a HUGE deal to me. The dent is very subtle. Probably not even 2 or 3 cm wide and definitely not a significant amount deep, no crease at all. My boyfriend dropped an alarm clock on it from about 3 feet up. It was a little worse at first but I put a suction cup to it and have probably worked at it for about a half hour or so, it's on a flat surface, not on the sides or anything, I mean I am probably going to go buy a Speck case to cover it even though they're kind of expensive and the last thing I can afford right now saving up for college, but really I would just love to get it out because it will bother me for the time being until I get a case(hoping that will satisfy me and make me forget about it) or go to Best Buy with the awesome warranty plan I bought there and make up some ************* that my screen is flickering or something to get a new one, (yes, I have seen it happen, they don't ask any questions they just replace it.) BUT I am not returning it over a small dent, I am waiting at least a year to 18 months so I can get the latest and greatest. The point is: Is there anything else I can do but keep suctioning?

2. keysersoze macrumors 68000

keysersoze

3. clairebearhelms thread starter macrumors newbie

my fingers are starting to hurt a little, but I am going to keep trying. It's a very small suction cup, I stole it from the shower. my Shick razor came with it, pretty convenient.

4. The-Pro macrumors 65816

I was mega annoyed when my MBP fell out of my case.
    What would work is take it apart and bend it out from the inside. But thats probably not an option :D

5. goMac macrumors 603

I don't think suctioning is going to do anything. You're stuck with the mark.

Happened to me when I dropped an iPhone on mine about a month after I got it (iPhone was ok). It happens. Think of it as your laptop building character. :)

6. clairebearhelms thread starter macrumors newbie

I knew someone was going to say that. I am not too worried seeing as I have the Best Buy plan that literally protects everything but it being stolen. But this Book is literally only one month old exactly. So I guess we feel the same pain.

7. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

I'd stop thinking of it as the only flaw in what is otherwise perfection.

Better to think of it as simply the first of many dings, scrapes, scratches, etc., that occurs to all tools over their useful lifetime.

8. GLS macrumors 6502

Classy.

9. AlexMaximus macrumors 6502

AlexMaximus

10. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

Why would you be paying for the case? Is your boyfriend not good enough to accept responsibility or was it your fault he dropped it?