Very long delay accessing/selecting photos (camera roll, etc) from within other apps

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MarloweVH, Feb 19, 2015.

1. MarloweVH, Feb 19, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2015

MarloweVH macrumors newbie

Iphone 4s 32GB / iOS 8.1.3 / Space used: 17.4GB Space available: 10GB

This is a fairly recent problem. Every time I want to access my photos from within an app on my iPhone (in the Mail app to insert a photo, in the Contacts app to assign a Profile Photo, etc.), it takes between 20-30 seconds between the moment I tap “Choose Photo” and the moment my photos are displayed for selection (from my Camera Roll, Albums, etc.).

Before I noticed this problem, the access and display of my photos from within apps was pretty much instantaneous.

I’m trying to figure out if this is a known/common problem (I’ve searched the forum already) and what some solutions might be. I am thinking I may try to perform a “hard reset” of my iPhone (erase all content and settings) and restore my data/settings from my last backup, but I’d like to avoid that if there are other remedies.

Thanks in advance.

2. MarloweVH thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry, I mis-posted this thread; I should have posted it in "iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting".

Is there a moderator I can contact to have it moved?