Very long shipping time from Arnhem Hub

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by keviig, Jan 2, 2017.

1. keviig macrumors 6502

Hi all!

I finally got the email saying my 15" tbMBP was shipped on December 29th! The TNT tracking site said the delivery date would be January 5th by the end of the day and Apple said January 6th. It just arrived from Pudong to Arnhem this morning (January 2nd), but the arrival date has been changed to January 9th! A whole week to get from Arnhem to Norway?

Other stuff I've ordered from Apple has also been sent from the same place and that has only taken a day or two.

Has anyone got any experience to share in regards to shipping time from Arnhem to various European countries? I find it odd that it would take a week to get here.

2. keviig thread starter macrumors 6502

Edit: Now it's quoting me January 10th... Where will this end haha

3. ManuCH macrumors 6502

Give TNT a call and ask. They're usually quite helpful and may un-stick a stuck shipment.

4. keviig thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the tip. I sent them an email and got a reply quickly.
    They ignored my question as to why what normally is a 2 day shipment (Arnhem to Norway) is set to take 8 days. And basically told me to get back to get in two days, as they would be more likely to have a date then.

I find this whole thing a bit strange, as I've always had Apple stuff delivered before the date I've been quoted. Oh well, I just hope it arrives without faults, now that I've waited so long :)

5. ManuCH macrumors 6502

Today is still a holiday in many countries and TNT doesn't really work. Call them by phone tomorrow afternoon, they will surely know more.

6. keviig thread starter macrumors 6502

It somehow arrived in Oslo (1 hour drive away from me) this morning, and it's still quoting me January 10th as a delivery date, a whole week from now. I guess the estimated date is just off then. Hopefully I'll have it tomorrow, or even today if I'm lucky!

7. ManuCH macrumors 6502

I guess you're right. I have noticed that TNT doesn't update the delivery date during the last 1-2 days and it's often wrong. Good luck :)

8. keviig thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks! So excited to get it :D How do you like yours?

9. ManuCH macrumors 6502

I really loved it for 2 weeks (best laptop I ever owned), then I had to return it because of a defective fan. Receiving my replacement tomorrow - it already arrived at the office and I'm going to pick it up!

10. keviig thread starter macrumors 6502

Here's to hoping it'll it be flawless! :)

11. ManuCH macrumors 6502

So, did yours arrive? Mine did, and it's flawless! (knock on wood)

12. keviig thread starter macrumors 6502

It did! Got it yesterday. Except for a very faint mark (under the left speaker like so many) and a very slightly loose Touch ID button it looks good!

It does seem very hot when connected to a 4k external monitor though (might be because of dGPU) and with only safari open it's hovering between 50-65c. Under full load it goes up to 100c and throttles to roughly 2.8-2.9GHz in Handbrake.
    Does that sound fairly normal to you? :)

13. ManuCH macrumors 6502

Yes, when using dGPU it does get hot, that's normal. I don't have my external monitor yet, though. And the 100C in Handbrake also sound normal. All is good!

14. keviig thread starter macrumors 6502

Sounds good. It seems to have settled in the 50c range when in Safari with the external 4k @ 60hz monitor now :)

I'm still not quite sure if I should've gotten the 460 instead of the 450 considering it's an improvement in GPU power of over 50% for just a 10% price increase. I also think maybe the added cores in the 460 would be able to do the same job as the 450 while at a lower frequency, thus using less power? Usually double the cores at half the frequency (and thus lower voltage) would consume less power than half the cores at full frequency (higher voltage).

I recently sold my gaming PC and lots of other stuff so money isn't a problem.