Very New Macbook Keeps Crashing

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by JordanianOne, Jan 16, 2011.

1. JordanianOne macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I've had my Macbook for a couple of weeks and I don't do anything other than browsing and such. Since then, it has crashed 3 times: twice on the 14th (Error code: 0x00000000 and 0x00000002) and once just now (Error code: 0x00000000) for no apparent reason. I have the PANIC logs but I don't understand them.

I emailed Amazon (where I bought the Macbook) and asked to return it as a defective item, they suggested I contact Apple first and try to resolve it. BUT I don't want to lose time and end up unable to return it and I would rather get another one than have to deal with this. I also have a feeling Amazon want me to try that first so they don't have to deal with a defective item.

I'm freaking out because I really like this Macbook, it's my first and I enjoy it so much. I just don't want to be stuck with an unstable machine.

Should I return it as defective or fix it? What are these errors all about? Any advice?

Thanks for reading this message and for your potential help!

2. anotherarunan macrumors 6502

Why don't you just do what they say and take it to the Apple store?

Although your problem does sound strange - and kind of worrying - if its new it'll still be under warantee so just take it to the Apple store and get it sorted asap!

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

I seriously doubt that Amazon would simply replace it without looking at it.

4. JordanianOne thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks to you two for taking the time to reply. I've sent back the Macbook today after calling Amazon. The customer service employee was very helpful and sent me a "return defective item" label on the spot. We'll see how this goes I guess.

I didn't go to an apple store because the only one there is is far, far away from where I live. Why should I shoulder the cost and hassle of taking it to the store to get it fixed when it's only 2 weeks old? I mean, I already paid a lot of money for it and the expectation is that it should work :)

5. old-wiz macrumors G3

Glad that Amazon was willing to take care of it!

6. Jony Mac macrumors 6502

Jony Mac

7. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

Great news that Amazon is going to take care of it. Those of us who live near Apple Stores (I have 4 within 30 minutes of my home) take it for granted that everyone lives near one.

8. Jony Mac macrumors 6502

Jony Mac

Yeah I have 3 within 15 minutes of me. I just assume everyone has one near them too.

9. JordanianOne thread starter macrumors newbie

Update

Hello,

Just to update you all. I returned the MacBook last week and today Amazon authorised a full refund. So glad this chapter is over and I'm happy they didn't send it back to me. They didn't say if they tested it but on their defective items returns page they mention that they test items before refunding anything... Guess they either tested it and found it faulty or they didn't bother.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for their help :)

10. Peterpot macrumors member

Peterpot

Are you going to buy another one?