VERY new to the jailbreak scene... a few questions.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iMJustAGuy, May 25, 2011.

1. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

I've owned an iPhone since the very beginning and only today did I decide to bite the bullet and jailbreak. I really liked the Prestige HD theme so I bought it. I mainly liked the icons but I don't like how it changes the entire UI, adds that "loading screen" intro to each app, etc.

Now my questions are: (and I do have Cyberduck and OpenSSH (NO IDEA how to use it (but I do have the root files open in Cyberduck)))

1) Does anyone have any experience with "ThemeIt" and can tell me how to customize the theme?

2) When I run across other things I like, clocks, etc, I have no idea where to put them in cyberduck or how to do it.

3) I did download one theme and just dropped it in the themes directory after extracting it but when I applied it in winterboard nothing happened. Why.

Anything else you can tell a JB noob would be greatly appreciated... and yes, I've searched and there are numerous "how do I jailbreak" threads but nothing quite helps me.

Basically what I'm trying to do is just keep the icons of the P HD theme and add a word clock and a few other minor things, but I have no idea how to. I hate how the theme I bought changed everything. (I wish I could just install everything I wanted via Cydia and not have to SSH, but that's not my issue.)

THANKS!!

-Dale

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

if all you want is the icons you have to ssh into your phone go to var/stash/themes find the theme you want then start to delete files in Bundles you should see a folder for each themed app, delete everything but the ones called Icon.png or Icon@2x.png

3. luked14 macrumors 6502

The easiest way to do this would be to make a new folder in var/stash/themes and copy all the bundle folders from prestige to it. Then activate only this new theme in winterboard.

4. iMJustAGuy thread starter macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

Ok. Thanks for that. Now what about adding a "word clock" or something like that. If I find the download file (or whatever it is) how do I know where to place it?

5. luked14 macrumors 6502

Are you talking about a clock for the springboard or the lockscreen?

6. iMJustAGuy thread starter macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

Both. I really like how some people have the word clock below their icons, and then also this just looks awesome. [​IMG]

I just have no clue where to 1) get the files, and 2) where to put them.

Thanks for responding!