Very Odd Problem (Not anything to do with Jailbreaking)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bc008, Oct 16, 2007.

1. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

Whenever i try to sync my ipod touch in a semi-vertical position using my knex dock, it doesnt work?
    [​IMG]
    (picture of the stand)

I dont know how this has ANYTHING to do with syncing, except the position the touch is in. My universal dock kept interfering with my iMac so i wanted to go back to this. Any reason why it wont work?

(when in this position it acts as if the ipod is connected for a second, then unplugged over and over, and itunes says to restore ipod because contents cant be read, but when i try it flat everything works)

2. italiano40 macrumors 65816

italiano40

cool dock, but bring ur ipod touch to the apple store and ask them, i have no answer for that

3. bc008 thread starter macrumors 68000

bc008

the nearest apple store is 3 hours away, and its not that big of a deal, just wondering why my touch cant sync in this position, but it will flat, but it worked in the universal dock.

maybe try holding your touch at this angle and see what it does when you plug it in? also, make sure you are applying slight pressure to the connecter as the weight of the ipod touch would do if it were in the knex dock.

4. solyd macrumors regular

5. italiano40 macrumors 65816

italiano40

i held it just now at about angle and it synced, it is just a werid problem for u, but since it is that big of a deal, the next time u go by the apple store just ask them, and if you do, tell us the results

6. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

7. bc008 thread starter macrumors 68000

bc008

i think i have found the answer.
    apply slight pressure to each side of the wire on the 30 pin side.
    when i do that it doesnt sync, let go, it automatically connects.

doesnt work:
    [​IMG]

works
    [​IMG]

8. aft macrumors regular

Are you sure you have a problem or did you just want to show off the sweet dock?:)?

I tried at an angle and it worked fine for me, good luck.

9. bc008 thread starter macrumors 68000

bc008

heh ive "showed off" this dock in the old post your custom docks thread in the picture gallery forum.

kind off bummed i cant use it with my touch? :(

EDIT:

ive just added some little black knex and put the back back on the dock (the 3 blues and 2 corner pieces on top and it worked? i had taken the top part off so i could use it for horizontal video viewing, but it must have been putting too much pressure on the dock connector?