iPad Very odd problem with iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by byke, Feb 27, 2013.

1. byke macrumors 6502a

byke

Hello fellow mac heads.
    I hope you may be able to help me out with a problem.

I have an ipad 2 which seems to work well most of the time, but once a week some of the finger swiping stops working ?

Things such as 5 finger swipe close or 4 finger up swipe to close apps all of a sudden stops working.

However, as soon as I erase all content and restore the ipad all works again?
    And then a week later it usually starts again and I have to go through the same procedure.

I am guessing it could be an icloud issue, but wanted to check with any of you just in case anyone has heard of this issue?

Cheers

2. Luis2004 macrumors 6502a

Seems like it could also be the screen digitizer. I would look into getting an OOW replacement.

3. herdnerfer macrumors 6502

fried chicken night?

Does this possibly happen on fried chicken or baby back ribs night?

4. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

And when you just shut it off or reboot it?

Generally when this happens to me I just have to reboot and its fine.

Also this is rarely an iCloud issue unless you are loading corrupted user data back on each time. Test would be erase and set it up new. What happens after a few days. If nothing then it could have been corrupted data. If it keeps acting up then its either just a general hiccup (which happens with at computer) or one of your apps constantly screwing up, not releasing something properly and locking ipad into some kind of response/lack of response loop