Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

reelbgpunk

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 1, 2008
I woke up the other day and there was a small amount of stuck pixels in the top right corner of my screen. I didn't think it was a big deal, but then it got bigger. Over the course of the next couple days, the stuck pixels spread and they are still doing so. It's very odd. I restored completely and same thing, and it doesn't show up in a screenie, so it appears to be hardware-related. Has anyone seen anything like this with the problem spreading over a day or two?
I have attached two pictures to show the nature of the spreading.
The first one was yesterday day, the second just now.
Has anyone seen or heard of this? Is there anything I can do? It is an iphone 2g and way out of warranty.

Attachments

• P6290001.jpg
    P6290001.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2,098
  • P6300003.jpg
    P6300003.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 393

Sud!

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2010
I woke up the other day and there was a small amount of stuck pixels in the top right corner of my screen. I didn't think it was a big deal, but then it got bigger. Over the course of the next couple days, the stuck pixels spread and they are still doing so. It's very odd. I restored completely and same thing, and it doesn't show up in a screenie, so it appears to be hardware-related. Has anyone seen anything like this with the problem spreading over a day or two?
I have attached two pictures to show the nature of the spreading.
The first one was yesterday day, the second just now.
Has anyone seen or heard of this? Is there anything I can do? It is an iphone 2g and way out of warranty.

I'm having the exact same issue. Woke up a day ago to find a cluster of stuck pixels in the top center of the screen. Attempted to run a stuck pixels color flash fixer for an hour (I'm convinced those things never work) with no effect. Went to bed, woke up this morning, and the stuck pixels, for whatever reason, have expanded in long lines down both sides of the screen.

I'm guessing my only option at this point is to have the LCD replaced? This issue wait just long enough to catch me out of warranty to begin, unfortunately.

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
I've had that happen to my 2G back in the day. I drop it and a few pixels grayed out. Then when I woke the whole line on top of the screen was there. Changing out the LCD fixed the issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.