iPad Very peculiar iPad Air issue with gestures. You, too?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by WilliamG, Nov 10, 2013.

1. WilliamG, Nov 10, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2013

WilliamG macrumors 604

So I noticed something funky with my iPad Air this evening...

I use Safari a great deal, and enjoy the swiping from the edge of the screen to go back/forward pages. I noticed that when in landscape mode, with the home button on the LEFT, swiping from the right edge in to go forward a page is really, REALLY inconsistent. The left edge, to go back a page, works 100% of the time.

Peculiarly, if I switch the iPad around so that the home button is on the right, I have no issues. Same for portrait.

So.... Not sure what's going on here?

As an addendum, I found that if I swipe from very close to the black frame on the right (in landscape with the home button to the left), it works quite consistently. However, if I start with my finger on the bezel, it's very inconsistent on that side. It's really bizarre....

Anyone else notice this?

*edit*

Found this thread on Apple. Seems like a bug in the software that's been around of a bit, it seems. :(

https://discussions.apple.com/message/23714555?tstart=0#23714555?tstart=0

2. WilliamG thread starter macrumors 604

Sheesh, you'd think this would have bugged someone here!

3. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Ya know - I havent seen this issue but thats because for whatever reason I always hold my iPad in landscape mode with the home button on the right. Just habit. Maybe Ill try it out just to see?

4. Brittany246 macrumors 6502a

Yup, I noticed this a few days ago. I always use safari in landscape mode with the home button to the left so I thought it was supposed to be that way.

5. formerpc macrumors 6502

I've noticed the animation is really choppy when using 5-finger pinch, as opposed to using the Home button. Otherwise, nothing else yet.

6. WilliamG thread starter macrumors 604

Yes, that affects all iPads right now.