Very Pleasant Live Chat Experience

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Guitarboy315, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Guitarboy315 macrumors member

After trying to decide what MacbookPro to get, I used the "Live Chat" feature on the side of the ordering screen.

I talked to an Apple Rep and explained what I'd be using my Mac for and that I was between the high end regular 15 inch MacBook Pro and the lower end Retina MacBook Pro. The Rep had a lot of knowledge (especially about Logic which is what I had questions about) and suggested I go with the regular 15 inch which I was surprised about because I thought he would try to talk me into a more expensive, newer Mac.

It was awesome Apple customer service support in my opinion and I encourage you to chat with them if you are on the fence.

2. MimiHome macrumors newbie

MimiHome

Live chat can be a wonderful thing for the customer. It allows the ability to talk to someone who is real without having to use the phone to call.

Glad you had a really nice experience with live chat!

3. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Apple's goal is to find solutions for their customers, not piss them off by getting them to spend more than they need to. It's a good strategy for repeat business.

4. Dun Properly macrumors member

I love hearing positive customer service stories.

I imagine there is much more profit for Apple in the regular 15" Macbook Pro than the Retina. Especially considering the price difference is negligible with equivalent options.

5. Rockadile macrumors regular

Sounds like you got an Apple At-Home advisor.