Very Pleased with Genius Bar

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mx356, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Mx356 macrumors member

Mx356

Well my computer was giving my problems with the keyboard and trackpad freezing. I finally had some free time so I made an appointment for Friday with the Genius Bar. I should up and was talking with one of them about what was going on.

So I left it with them so they could run some test and all that good stuff. By the time I got home (about 45 minutes) I had already had a call from one of the tech's. He asked me some questions and all that and let me know what he was going to try. Well he called me again later during the day updating me and letting me know what they found and what they did to fix it and decided that they wanted to keep it over night to make sure the problem was solved.

I received a call this morning letting me know it was good to go and ready to be picked up!

What made it all good was they would call me before every time they did something and whenever they found something wrong which I thought was awesome. They explained everything thoroughly with me and were very helpful through it all.

Just thought I would make a post about my good experience with Apple's Customer Service!

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

That's good to hear; and congrats on getting your MBP repaired and back in your hands...:)

3. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

was all that included under the 1 year manufacturers warrranty or did they have you pay for that if it wasnt?
    AFter a refurbished a mac or any other product that has been used is it true its only 90 days after that date from there the warranty is effective?

4. Mx356 thread starter macrumors member

Mx356

It was all included since its under warranty.

5. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Whether it' a new or refurbished MBP it's still covered by the "one-year" limited warranty. Pretty much anything related to manufacture defects are covered, and whatever is related to abuse or owner/user related damage eg. dropping the MBP is not covered, but is repairable by Apple Techs...