VERY promising 4S Unlock

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Asianxfatty, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Asianxfatty macrumors member

im very curious and happy about muscle nerd for all the hardwork him and his team has put in.I got a question though, Does anyone know or have an idea if the the unlock is going to be CDMA iphone 4s or only GSM iphone 4s or even both!?! If it was both that would be super cool!!! if it ends up being CDMA, that would be godly, i would be able to switch from verizon and at&t and whatever carrier i want!!

2. maturola, Dec 1, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2011

maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Not info as of yet, they are currently focusing on Jailbreaking and not unlocking

Edit: they just got into the baseband bootrom so it is actually looking primising

3. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

my guess is the jb is done, and MN is perfecting the unlock for public release. very soon out.

4. CoachStall macrumors 6502

CoachStall

5. Asianxfatty thread starter macrumors member

haha alright thanks, but didnt musclenerd just say an promising unlock for the 4s is coming? jb is nice too if that came out first, guess i just have to be patient

6. CoachStall macrumors 6502

CoachStall

Sigh…

7. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

You will need to jailbreak before you unlock. It doesn't make sense if he will release the unlock before the jailbreak.

8. Asianxfatty thread starter macrumors member

ahahaha thats true huh! im going to be patient and hope for the best

9. terraphantm macrumors 68040

This is certainly interesting. I wonder if this is going to be an ultrasn0w style unlock, or a "permanent" unlock like in the iPhone 2G days. I guess the Qualcomm baseband isn't as secure as the other ones (would kinda make sense, since for the longest time they've only made CDMA devices which weren't locked in the same way)

10. Mess macrumors 6502

Mess

If the jb vulnerability is there in the 5.1 beta then the jb wont be released until 5.1 is available to the public.

I would suspect it will be the same with the unlock in the bootrom.

Just sayin...