Very protective case for Macbook Pro 15"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TK2K, Mar 23, 2008.

1. TK2K macrumors 6502

TK2K

Hey,
    So I use this laptop for lighting design and tech work, long story short I need it to be durable. I want something that I can pretty much attach to the outside and never have to worry about taking off, which is why a briefcase won't really work for me.

There are hard cases out, but I think I would like somthing that is rubberized for the exterior, it'll grip onto the top of roadie cases better.

Any Ideas?

2. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

http://www.amazon.com/UNIEA-U-Suit-Black-Leather-Finish-MacBook/dp/B000VYFMLM

3. TK2K thread starter macrumors 6502

TK2K

4. kant macrumors 6502

I ordered one of these from this ebay seller thursday. I'll let you know how it looks/works when it gets here.

Seriously considered the moshi codex, which I suspect might be better suited for your needs. I just needed/wanted something to protect from bumps/dings around the house.

Sylar has a very good post with great pics on the moshi here.

5. scott9s macrumors member

6. Enzo macrumors member

I have used the Axio and Booq cases but decided to get something that would permanently be attached to the laptop.

Based on a recommendation from a friend I am going to order the Case-Mate signature suit on Monday (Link).

Regards,

Enzo

7. powermac_daddy macrumors 6502

powermac_daddy

nothing is super protective. i have a booq case for my 15". i dropped my bag and fcuuked the exterior shell a little bit near the apple sign. I think my pens or other items in the bag damaged it. i put a bandage over it because i don't wanna see it.

Don't drop you bag

8. calvy macrumors 65816

9. Enzo macrumors member

I am not the OP but...

Yes, I am going with the Carbon Fiber. What's an extra $100 when you are spending $150? Case Mate currently has a 10% promotion. I will post a review and pictures when it arrives. They case page reports "shipping in a week" for a few weeks now. I am going to talk to customer service tomorrow and see what the real ship time is.

Regards,
    Enzo

10. Signal-11 macrumors 65816

Signal-11