very sad day. will there be a new iMac?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by aPple nErd, Jun 11, 2012.

1. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

when is the next event apple has that could potentially release a new iMac. also, is there a set date for mt. lion?

2. Razeus macrumors 601

Well the Macbook line proves they don't have to wait for Mountain Lion...

3. Poki macrumors 6502a

Poki

Mountain Lion comes in July, presumably in the last third. So we should expect new Minis and iMacs at this date.

@Razeus: Yeah, they don't have to wait for it, but it would make sense as they won't release them the next few weeks anyways.

4. cypress822 macrumors regular

5. aPple nErd thread starter macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

so when do you guys think realistckly apple will release the new iMacs? all i want is a better ivy bridge cpu... if apple only knew how passed off some of us are..

6. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

Not "updated" so much as "slapped with the <<new>> tag with different CPUs because Intel stopped making the old ones".

7. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Before the WWDC, there was speculation of 6 and 8 core iMacs. The Pro has not been updated at all...It's a minor refresh that's it....If Apple can make an iMac with the multicore cpu's AND get the heat dissipated, we may see new iMacs in the fall.

They have to somehow fill the great big hole they just created by virtually alienating all Pro users...Just take a look on the forum....Pro users are out for blood.:mad:

8. sebi247 macrumors member

Sad but true. Thank you for nothing :apple:. :mad:

9. Juzo Fuwa macrumors newbie

The lack of iMac updates today was shocking to say the least. I can live without the Retina display (it was a fun dream but NEVER a necessity for me) but no USB 3? No Ivy Bridge? C'mon Apple, I get you guys sell a lot of portables but this is just unreasonable.