Very Sensitive Headphone Jack on Unibody

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Qinetic, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Qinetic macrumors member

If I pull on my headphones while they're plugged into my unibody any more than .5mm the sound goes back to the Macbook speakers. Are anybody else's headphones this sensitive? I really don't even have to pull on the headphones. The headphone jack doesn't securely hold the cord.

2. John01021988 macrumors 6502

Same thing is happening to me, I bought my Macbook at the beginning of February.

3. Qinetic thread starter macrumors member

Okay. I'm reading in other places that when people get a replacement that it has the same thing. I guess it's just something I'll have to live with. :(

4. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

Mine was like this, it's a defect. They will have to replace your logic board, or if your lucky like me they gave me a new computer (only cause I had a few more problems).

5. typerlover macrumors regular

Add another one to this list. Music has started playing out of my speakers several times at the slightest of touches of the wire plugged into the headphone jack, only to go away after giving it another nudge.

A very annoying flaw.

6. valiechemicalie macrumors member

7. John01021988 macrumors 6502

After giving it some use, is not so sensitive at all now..... I can move the Headphone Jack and sound won't start playing through macbook speakers.

8. wallstreetcrash macrumors regular

Same here, it is pretty annoying. I use a 3.5mm wire to connect to external speakers and it is so annoying to get it work sometimes.

Call Apple?

9. sk8mash macrumors 6502a

sk8mash