VERY simple Numbers question!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by psychofreak, Oct 7, 2007.

1. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

OK, so it seems like I'm an idiot, I can do this really easily in NeoOffice, but the charts from that app don't have the same look that Numbers' do...

How do I make a chart of these with a line between the results, with Price on the y-axis?

Price-----Quantity Supplied
    5 ----------5
    10 -------- 8
    15 --------11
    20 --------14
    25 --------17
    30 --------20

If I select the columns and create a chart of the type I want, I get:

[​IMG]

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

If you click on Series you should be able to specify what values are on the x-axis and y-axis.

3. notsofatjames macrumors 6502a

notsofatjames

try only highlighting the right column, tricking numbers to think that the price is a column heading.

4. psychofreak thread starter Retired

psychofreak

I then get:
    [​IMG]
    I get this, I could rename the y-axis manually, but that really would be a pain for a whole Economics course worth of charts...

[​IMG]

5. psychofreak thread starter Retired

psychofreak

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but it turns out I'm dreadful at spreadsheets, and its kinda important. I have this set of data, and would like Price on the Y axis, and the others plotted as shown, in a scatter graph preferably with a line:

[​IMG]

I have Numbers, Excel and NeoOffice, without a clue what to do in any of them. Please could someone tell me what to do?

Thanks in advance :)

6. GregE macrumors 6502

You mean like this? I couldn't get your prices to be the Y axis though. Not that I spent a lot of time on it. All I did was highlight the data and then click on the charts icon and picked the style of chart.

[​IMG]

7. psychofreak thread starter Retired

psychofreak

That is the stage I got to...having the price on the Y axis is necessary though, and rotating all the diagrams in a 2 year course is not ideal.

Thanks for your effort :)