Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

warmup

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 19, 2019
I am desperate. I have had my MBP 16 for 6 months. So far everything has gone fine. even after the last update to 10.15.6 there were no problems.
A few days ago, without my being able to say what I was doing, programs started very slowly.
E.g. Chrome bounches the icon for 30 seconds before it opens.
The use of bartender is no longer possible because a click on the status bar takes 10 seconds ...

The interesting thing. As soon as I switch off the WLAN, the Mac runs completely normally and performs well.

I have already
- SRAM and NVRAM reset carried out.
- Signed me out of iCloud
- The combo update 10.15.6 installed again.
- Tried a new user
- No externe USB-Devices connected

I have no idea what else to do All the launch daemons look completely normal and unchanged.

Please help!! thank you

Last edited:

warmup

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 19, 2019
Okay here comes so solution after one day searching and testing :-(

It's right, that I haven't chance anything on my mbp.

After the second Mac at my home starts with the same problems the solution was mit pihole-server.
During the weekly scheduled adlist-update the apple-Site "ocsp.apple.com" was excluded ?
This seems to be a important site for the certification of software.
Horrible that a Mac is only usable without Wifi or with correct DNS-Server - without that software gets slow and also the build in keyboard and trackpad sometimes isn't known after waking up my map.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.