VERY SLOW syncing of videos and music in Touch [PLEASE HELP ME]

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jomarr, Dec 19, 2011.

1. jomarr macrumors member

I have iOS5 and it's REALLY SLOW. I copy 1 song to a playlist I made and iTunes froze for 5 seconds then the *Updating your iPod* appears at the title bar (where the song titles are shown while playing). I can't stand it since this is a brand new iPod and I need to create playlists for me to listen to. Guys, I need help. It's driving me crazy :eek::eek::eek:

It's not iTunes or my computer. It's not iTunes since after I copied few songs on my touch to a playlist, I did the same with my old 4th gen nano and the nano didn't lag and it copied the song VERY smoothly. Not my laptop since this is brandnew andhas barely anything on it. I tried it on our Desktop as well and same thing, it's slow. :eek: It's freaking me out since I wanna finish making all of the playlists already. I have 3000 songs and with the speed my Touch is giving me.. It's gonna take forever. :eek:

Please help me, please. Thanks guys. I really need good advices.

2. likethesoup2 macrumors 6502a

3. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

USB or WiFi sync? OSX or Windows running iTunes?

4. jomarr thread starter macrumors member

USB Sync, Windows running iTunes, iPod Touch 4th gen. :( :eek:

5. jomarr thread starter macrumors member

Guys please help me. :( I should've gotten the classic :(:(:(

6. Fergo macrumors newbie

Did you accidently check the field "convert higher bit rate songs to 128 kbps AAC" in the synching options?

7. jomarr thread starter macrumors member

I don't see that option in my itunes :confused:

8. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Just because it is plugged into iTunes via USB does not mean it is syncing USB. Both my iPhone and iPad, when connected to wifi and plugged in via USB sync over wifi. Wifi sync is the priority, so turn off wifi then resync.

9. likethesoup2 macrumors 6502a

It definitely SOUNDS like you're doing something wrong, but from what you've written, it is impossible to tell what it is.

I had an ipod touch (4th gen), and now have an iphone 4s, but have had none of the problems you're (pseudo) describing on either device.

10. jomarr thread starter macrumors member

I know there's definitely something I didn't check or uncheck. I'll try to do what all of you said.

11. jomarr thread starter macrumors member

Yes it is. I'll try to drop by on an Apple Store later but It'll take weeks. I'll try to figuro out myself what I've done. Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it. :)

12. Fergo macrumors newbie

It should be found on this screen - the fourth box under "Options":

[​IMG]

13. jomarr thread starter macrumors member

Mine's unchecked. I remember now. It's still slow. I tried on 2 laptops and a desktop and it's slow as a snail. Is it Windows? I tried it on Windows 7 and XP. Still not sure what the problem is about and whenever I put a song on my playlist, it lags for about 10 seconds (and when lag I mean you totally can't use iTunes, just iTunes the other programs are running fine) and then *Updating you iPod* pops up in the title bar which didn't happen with my Nano before. I followed everything, turn off wi-fi sync, check my laptop and iCloud but everything is set on what you guys said. I tried to close apps too but it's still the same.

14. BlackTofu macrumors member

Most of times I will restart my iPod Touch, and check the USB Port and cable.

15. jomarr thread starter macrumors member

I actually did restart my ipod touch and nothing happened.
    Some people also said that it's maybe the USB cable. I think I should get a new one since I still use the cable of my 4th gen Nano.

Well if I restore my touch, would it help?

16. BlackTofu macrumors member

So do you find the same problem when you use this cable to sync date to iPod nano? If not, maybe you should try to restore your iPod Touch because we know there is nothing wrong with this cable and your port. But restore will erase all of your date, so, be serious.

17. jomarr thread starter macrumors member

Actually I didn't have any problems with syncing my old nano. I tried it after I synced my Touch and syncing my nano was VERY smooth. Drag drop, drag drop without having a problem. With my Touch, I add a song (on a playlist) then it lags for 10 seconds or more then it says above *Updating files, updating you iPod. I'm thinking iOS5 is indeed the problem. No biggie on losing my files since everything (except apps) are on my laptop. Oh yeah, I'm using windows. Is that another problem?

18. BlackTofu macrumors member

About Windows, from my personal experience, you should uninstall your iTunes, and clean the files and then, restart your computer, download the newest version of iTunes, install it. If still have the same problem, restore your iPod Touch. The final method when you tried everything: send back to repair.

19. jomarr thread starter macrumors member

What do you mean by "clean files"? I have the latest version of iTunes and I think I only have the last 2 options left.

20. BlackTofu macrumors member

Include registry files and other components, I suggest you to install "Windows Install Clean Up" to remove iTunes.

21. jomarr thread starter macrumors member

Will do. Thanks for the help. I'll maybe bring it to an Apple Store later. :)

22. jomarr thread starter macrumors member

The technician on the Apple Store told me to Restore it. She said that it isn't a bug on the iOS5 so. I'mma try it later. Will post what happens :)

23. jomarr thread starter macrumors member

Now I know what the problem is.. It's my big music lib. Not that big but big enough to make my ipod freeze. So when I restored my Touch, I tried putting several songs in my ipod and it adds to a playlist smoothly but now that I added 23 gb of my music in my touch, it became so slow again :mad:

Will I be having this problem forever? :eek: I can't live with this. :(