Very slow video encoding!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by 5Pencer!, Jan 26, 2012.

1. 5Pencer! macrumors newbie

Does anyone know if ATI's APP Video Acceleration can work on a MAC?

I've updated to the latest drivers via the AMD website, but the APP Acceration option is greyed out.

Encoding I typical 1080p film takes about 5hrs on the MAC. My PC with nVidia Video Acceleration can do the same film in 1.5 hrs.

Any help/advice?

Cheers,

2. simsaladimbamba

With what Mac with what specifications and with what software do you do these transcodings in Mac OS X?
    With what PC with what specifications and with what software do you do these transcodings in Windows?

3. 5Pencer! thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm using ********* Blu-Ray Ripper on the PC and the same program on the MAC.

On the PC the nVidia CUDA logo is displayed as I have an nVidia card. However on the MAC Version, both the nVidia CUDA and AMD APP Acceleration logos are greyed out.

Cheers for any help you can offer.

4. simsaladimbamba

As you can see in your post, the name of the software is censored, probably due to it being spammed for several times on this message board.
    You also didn't answer the rest of my questions.

But maybe this can help:

5. 5Pencer! thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry,

I'm using a brand new iMac 27" i5 2.7ghz with 12gb Ram. The PC is a Core 2 Quad 2.4ghz with 4gb RAM on Win7x64.

Cheers,

6. simsaladimbamba

The Mac should be faster, but as the software is probably made for Windows first, and then the developers saw, that they could make a cheap Mac OS X version of it and spam around with it, the Mac OS X version is NOT optimised.
    If you look at the thread I linked you to, you will see better and cheaper alternatives to that unknown software of yours.