Very slow YouTube on iMac, MacBook and iPhone

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by marcin0903, Dec 27, 2009.

1. marcin0903 macrumors regular

Hi, I've iMac 27-inch and iPhone 3G. On both devices when I'm trying to watch YouTube video there is very slow loading, but only in my house. Everything is wireless. I've got router Linksys WAG300N - maybe this is an issue? If yes how to solve it?
    iMac always stays home, but when I tried to watch some videos on Youtube in school everything was very was.
    Of course it is not because of my internet speed. I have 6/7megabitb/s, so download speed is 750-800 kilobytes/s.

Any tips?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

If it's only in your house then it's most likely your network that's the problem. Where's your router in relation to the computers in question? Also just because your maximum bandwidth is 6-7 Mbps doesn't mean you will always get the maximum speed.

3. Sambo110 macrumors 68000

Have you tried different movies? I remember when I upgraded my internet some videos loaded horribly slow, but it only happened on a couple of them.

4. marcin0903 thread starter macrumors regular

Bandwich is good, cause whenever I want to donwload something, and it goes 750kb/s so it's good. Another proof is that sometimes video loads slow, I'm refreshing it and than it goes normally.
    The router is in the next room. (straight line - about 4 meters)

5. harry*333 macrumors 6502a

harry*333

try hooking up ethernet cable directly to your imac and then playing video
    if its still slow then your router isn't the problem

6. NathanCH macrumors 65816

NathanCH

There have been lots of complaints about Youtube loading slow for certain people. Last week ended about a month's streak of unbearably slow youtube loading for me.

There was a thread on youtube about it, but I can't find it. You're not alone!

7. marcin0903 thread starter macrumors regular

OK I know what was the problem - cookies. I had to delete them.
    I have question, is is possible to set Safari to force it to delete all cookies after quiting Safari?

8. harry*333 macrumors 6502a

harry*333

9. marcin0903 thread starter macrumors regular

I thought that it was the cookies issue, but it is not :/. I have Linksys router - I think this is an issue. Has someone got any tips connected with my Linksys router? It is Linksys WAG300N