Very small bend right above the DVD Drive. Will apple fix it for me?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Theturk, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Theturk macrumors member

Hello, somehow, even with me extreme care policy of my new MBP it managed to get a tiny bend that isn't visible unless you focus. It is kind of more visible when i close my MBP, the right side does close fully but it's about 5% less sealed than the left unbended side.

Will Apple fix this for me for free under my warranty or do I have to pay?

2. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

Apple's warranty doesn't cover cosmetic issues,
    unless it's damaged done by Apple themselves during previous repairs.

3. Theturk thread starter macrumors member

Okay so how do I go about fixing it? I mean will they open it and bend it back in shape I'm willing to pay.

I showed my friend he said why care it's barely visible but I'm a perfectionist it's annoying me.

Will the Apple Care Center be able to bend it back for me u think ?

4. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

If the problem was there when you purchased the system, you can complain to Apple about it... because they've sold you something "new" and "imperfect". However, if it's already outside the initial 14days, they might have to do a repair for you or offer you a exchange.

Bottom line is this.. Apple's engineers will decide. Doesn't matter if we say either way, we're not Apple.

5. amusiccale macrumors 6502

I'm guessing you'll probably pay for it if it's cosmetic and it developed the condition after being in your possession for some time. A service center can definitely give you a better idea of an estimate of the cost.

6. Theturk thread starter macrumors member

Okay then, I will take it to a care center next weekend. I just hope they don't hit me with an astronomical figure to fix it.

7. ryanrul macrumors member

8. Pixellated macrumors 65816

They can't charge you anything as it is in warranty :).

9. amusiccale macrumors 6502

To my understanding, the warranty probably doesn't cover cosmetic things like a bend in the case that would develop in your possession (even if taken care of as much as the OP says). IF you're in warranty, your chances of getting it paid for probably depend on the apple tech. If you would be out of warranty though, the probability would approach zero :D