Very Small Dent On Left Palm Rest, Can It Be Exchanged?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iLog.Genius, Mar 3, 2009.

1. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Anybody know how the Apple Store would handle it? I just got the 2.4GHz MBP on Saturday. The dent isn't big, it's actually quite small as I didn't even notice it until this morning when the sun was shining light on it. There was nothing dropped (a dent so small, can't see how anything big would leave small almost unnoticeable dent).

Would I be able to get a exchange since it's been only 3 days? Would be a shame if the only option I have would be to go through a repair for a 3 day old computer. Again, it's very small and feel that the Apple Store would probably turn away from it because it is small and doesn't affect performance now it's annoying because I know it's there.

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

If it came with the computer get it exchanged or Apple will say you did it later on.

3. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

You should be okay as long as your within the return period. Apple shipped me a brand new Macbook Air with a dent and it was wobbling. I called them and they set me up for an exchange. For the most part the dent should be obvious that it's not from customer damage.

4. iLog.Genius thread starter macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Ok that's reassuring. It definitely doesn't look like I could've done it. Again, you can hardly see it, if the sun didn't hit that spot I don't think I could've seen it.