Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

virginblue4

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 15, 2012
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I'm not currently a watch wearer, so when I purchase an Apple Watch, it will be the first watch I've worn. I'm quite conscious that I have very small wrists - only 5.7" in circumference.

What is the likely hood that I will struggle to find a strap that physically fits my wrist? I really want the 38mm SS model with the link bracelet but I'm worried even with removing as many links as possible it just won't be tight enough.

Any thoughts?

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
Strap will, most likely, be adjustable

Hi everyone,

I'm not currently a watch wearer, so when I purchase an Apple Watch, it will be the first watch I've worn. I'm quite conscious that I have very small wrists - only 5.7" in circumference.

What is the likely hood that I will struggle to find a strap that physically fits my wrist? I really want the 38mm SS model with the link bracelet but I'm worried even with removing as many links as possible it just won't be tight enough.

Any thoughts?

My wrists are a little larger than yours (5.8") and I don't have a big problem finding watches that fit. The last watch I got was a Baby G (female version of course). Even though the face is a little large the strap fits fine.
So, I'm not anticipating a problem with Apple's watch fitting me either.

telefono

macrumors 6502
Dec 17, 2007
My Wrist size is 6.7" and I can get away with wearing large watches up to 50mm and never had problems adjusting strap/bracelet to my wrist size.

The 38mm Apple Watch shouldn't be a problem for you at all (case size) I'm confident the metal bracelet will be adjustable to your wrist size. Hopefully we find out in less than 2 months

Last edited:

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
My Wrist size is 6.7" and I can get away with wearing large watches up to 50mm and never had problems adjusting strap/bracelet to my wrist size.

The 38mm Apple Watch shouldn't be a problem for you at all (case size) I'm confident the metal bracelet will be adjustable to your wrist size. Hopefully we find out in less than 2 months

I believe that all of the straps will be adjustable. The 38 mm does seem like a good choice for those with small wrists.

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
I'd be more concerned about other straps, as it looks like you won't be able to shorten them and they may be too long if you have small wrists.

Best advice will have to be try the strap you like on your wrist before buying.

Or, if Apple have a shred of common sense they will say on their web site what diameter of wrist each strap is suitable for, min and max, and show you with a couple of diagrams how to measure your wrist for those who are not sure.

That would seem obvious and correct (So I of course expect they won't do that) :)

----------

Do you think that 17cm (6,3") is a small wrist?

I'm going to measure mine right now and tell you what mine is :)

BRB....

ok, well, just done a measure, and my wrist is pretty much bang on 17cm also. Which is 6, 11/16" Or about 6.7" inches

So your conversion is wrong :)

fenderjag

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2009
Cleveland, Ohio
My wrist are also small at about 5.9". I was planning on getting the 38mm but I downloaded this pdf to print out the actual size and the 42mm seems smaller than I thought so I will probably end up getting the 42mm because it would be nicer to have a bigger screen.

Attachments

• Apple_Watch_1-1.pdf
    149.8 KB · Views: 349

virginblue4

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 15, 2012
United Kingdom
My wrist are also small at about 5.9". I was planning on getting the 38mm but I downloaded this pdf to print out the actual size and the 42mm seems smaller than I thought so I will probably end up getting the 42mm because it would be nicer to have a bigger screen.

After seeing that, you've tempted me to go for 42! I'm not worried about a large watch face, just worried about the straps. Damn you for now making me indecisive!

No seriously, thanks for the PDF, will help with my decision to have a scale drawing :)

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
Wrist sizes

Do you think that 17cm (6,3") is a small wrist?

Here you go:
STEP 1: Measure your wrist with a flexible tape measurements or a strip of paper just below the wrist bone.
STEP 2: If you are using a plain strip of paper, mark your size with a pen or pencil then use a ruler to measure the length. That would be your wrist size.

Women's
xs 5 - 5.5 inches
s 5.6 - 6 inches
m 6 - 6.5 inches
lrg 6.5 - 7 inches
x-lrg 7 - 7.5 inches

Men's
xs 5 - 5.6 inches
s 6 - 6.5 inches
m 6.5 - 7 inches
lrg 7 - 7.5 inches
x-lrg 7.5 - 8 inches

Here is a good site for judging watch sizing for your wrist:
http://www.watchstation.com/wcsstor...S/sizeGuides/WatchStation_SizeGuideSquare.pdf

Last edited:

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
After seeing that, you've tempted me to go for 42! I'm not worried about a large watch face, just worried about the straps. Damn you for now making me indecisive!

No seriously, thanks for the PDF, will help with my decision to have a scale drawing :)

After using the guide, I decided that I'll probably go with the 42 as well :)

----------

Just saw this. Cool! This better than the site I found and posted :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.