Very smart guy, feeling dumb. Error 1394

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by brd912, Oct 9, 2012.

1. brd912 macrumors newbie

My host file has got to be completely screwed. I have tried everything. I cannot pay for a registry cleaner.

My iPhone had a bad battery so I took it out. When playing with the connector strip on the battery while it was plugged my phone would boot up. Well I threw the battery away because the little connector strip broke. Now without a battery it will just boot loop. So I tried putting it into dfu mode while plugged and and restoring 5.1.1. I get error 1394. I fixed the host file with 10 different tutorials on YouTube and I still get the error. If I just put it into recovery and try to restore and update it gives error 21. Can anyone help? I'm new to the iPhone but not messing with phones.

2. brd912 thread starter macrumors newbie

OK so I tried just upgrading to ios6 dfu mode with iTunes and when iTunes said preparing iPhone for restore the phone booted to recovery mode and gave me error 21.

3. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

You have no battery in it? You can't do anything, without a battery. You'll need a replacement, or that's all it'll keep doing.

4. brd912 thread starter macrumors newbie

I've seen people on youtube do this. Is this what the iPhones do without a battery in it?