Very specific iPhone 5 case request

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by xyzzydude, Jun 5, 2013.

1. xyzzydude macrumors newbie

I'm looking for a new case for my iPhone 5 and have some very specific wants. I'd like a minimal case with no screen protector, that has some kind of door or cover for the lightning port. After six months of use my lighting port filled up with lint, etc and stopped working and had to be cleaned out, and obviously I'd like to avoid that.

I'm currently using a Belkin View (http://www.belkin.com/us/p/P-F8W153). It's perfect except the lightning port is an uncovered cutout that gathers lint and dust.

Ideally I would like a case just like the Belkin but with an openable cover over the lightning port, similar to the tiny door that covers the micro USB port on my LG HBS700 BT headset. As close as I can get to that is the goal.

I don't want an Otterbox because they are too big and bulky.

I don't want a Lifeproof because it has a screen protector and is also too expensive (for that price I'll clean my lightning port out every few weeks!)

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

2. ARSkemp, Jun 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2013

ARSkemp macrumors 6502

3. xyzzydude thread starter macrumors newbie

Looks good, and I ordered a set. Looks like they come from China and take a month to ship to you, no matter who the seller is, so I'll keep looking for a case and if I don't find an alternate solution by the time they arrive, they'll do :)

4. jbromer macrumors 6502a

jbromer

Take a look at the Caze Zero 5 Pro. I think that is what you are looking for.

5. webslinger85 macrumors 6502a

webslinger85

Pretty much anything by Switcheasy comes with plugs for the lightning port and headphone jack