Very strange behaviour by Adium.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by xJulianx, Sep 26, 2007.

1. xJulianx macrumors 6502a

xJulianx

This is kind of hard to explain... basically i was talking to my friend on Adium, and he suddenly disappeared from my contacts list, wasn't listed as either online or offline, vanished, gone, nada.

The strange thing is that I can still talk to him, it's just he is coming up with my display name, and picture...but with his font still.

I tried re-adding him to my contacts list but nothing happened. Tried restarting my MacBook and Adium, and have just now deleted, and re-downloaded Adium...but still the same issue.

I'm really confused, can anyone shed some light? :eek:

2. Carrot007 macrumors regular

Carrot007

Unfortunatly I cannot help but I can at least say that I have been experiencing the same thing.

To me it only ever happens to one MSNM contact and anything I do at my end does not change anything.

I was half convinced he was doing something because he is paranoid and always shows as away, but your post makes me think maybe something else is up.

Whatever it is, I can still send him text (after telling the program to send even though he appears offline (I had a conversation window open, I have not rtried showing all contacts to see if he was still there).

I can tell you even a fresh OS X install will not help as I have done that to one of my machines recently (just for a general clean up, not for this reason).

I have mentioned it to the contact and I'm not sure what he did (status change and back or log out and back in) but he can do something and he does reappear.