Very strange CD and song titles when burning a playlist in iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by javaGuru, Nov 27, 2009.

1. javaGuru macrumors 6502a

javaGuru

I'm actually not even sure where to post this. I just attempted to burn an iTunes playlist to CD using my MacBook Pro. However, when we attempted to import the cd to my Niece's windows computer the CD title as well as each song were titled "we suck". This is very odd because the titles are correct when viewing the CD using my MacBook. Has anyone ever seen this before? Could this be a virus or something?

2. fernandovalente macrumors 6502

fernandovalente

Well, this is really strange. Thinking about the song titles, it looks like some one is making fun of you. Have you tried importing it on another PC? I'm not a Windows n00b, but I really don't know if it's possible, but don't you think it may be related to a hacker? If the song title was something like ashyihuadsiuads809129023 I could think it was an iTunes bug, but the title "We suck" is pretty strange.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That's really strange, but it can't be a virus, since none exist that run on current Mac OS X. Have you downloaded and installed any software from file-sharing/torrent sites?
    I LOVE that song! I have the whole album! :D

4. fernandovalente macrumors 6502

fernandovalente

It may be a virus on Windows. Note that the problem only occurs when he's importing it on Windows.

I love it too. :D hahahahhahahhahahahahahah

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I see your point. OP: What software are you using to import the CD on Windows? And where did you get that software?

6. javaGuru thread starter macrumors 6502a

javaGuru

I am importing the songs using iTunes. I have noticed another strange trend. This only seems to be happening to songs purchased on my iPhone that I recently jailbroke.