Very Strange LittleSnitch Error Message!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Aniej, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

I was downloading little snitch to one of my other powerbooks and got a very strange, and somewhat scary message from little snitch. See the screenshot below. I downloaded the copy from versiontracker, which I trust more or less, but I have never seen anything like this before in such explicit terms.:eek: :confused:

Has anyone received this message before? And, if so what did they do?

2. BigPrince macrumors 68020

3. Aniej thread starter macrumors 68000

Aniej

remembers to get more sleep, includes attachment, begins 20 minute power nap, i.e., staring at forumspy.

Attached Files:

4. BigPrince macrumors 68020

If I had to ***GUESS*** the application is a bit oversensitive. It's probably like iTunes trying to update itself or something.

5. Aniej thread starter macrumors 68000

Aniej

ok i get that you might need to guess on this one, no worries. would you follow the instructions and load whatever it is saying or ignore? I have already disconnected from the internet.

6. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

I've had that I seem to remember it was Stuffit trying to change something.

7. Aniej thread starter macrumors 68000

Aniej

ok. "so unsatisfying" (who knows what movie that's from?) you keep giving 50% of the answer fellas. So what did you do or would you do?

8. MatthewCobb macrumors regular

Do what it says - you'd have done it by now instead of waiting for us to tell you!

9. Aniej thread starter macrumors 68000

Aniej

Ohhhh, you're right, next time I should go to an apple related forum where people help each other. What was I thinking of when I asked for advice.

10. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

I get this message whenever i boot from an external drive, my guess is that it checks to see if the hardware (drive ID etc.) is the same as the one that made the database. Noticing the difference it reports this to the user. I was worried at first but then i noticed the trend. The application is paranoid that some application or user will changed the database without you knowing (this is a fundamental whole point of the application) and is simply trying to protect you. My advise, if you seen no reason why this message is appearing then revert the database, this will mean that you will lose all of your trusted and not trusted connections. This means that any new attempt will have to be checked by you. Or you could disconnect from the network and search through the list for suspicious applications.

Did you have a previous version installed, maybe a preference file left over/copied over.