Very strange problem with 2g Nano that kills my battery constantly

Discussion in 'iPod' started by scoupe94, Apr 11, 2007.

1. scoupe94 macrumors newbie

Ever since a few months ago, i have noticed that my 4gig 2nd gen nano will turn on randomly after i have turned it off and locked the scroll wheel. It will turn on and play and most of the time go unnoticed if the volume is turned down. I cant even shut it off unless i unlock the wheel and turn it off again. It may be linked to another problem ive had recently, where no matter what song im listening to at the moment, it will go back to the first song on the ipod in alphebetical order by band name, and play it. I can then switch to whatever song i choose, but it happens fairly often. I know its a problem because my first 10 songs have about 3 times the plays as my regularly played tracks. I wanted to know if anyone has heard anything like this, and how i might fix it.

2. bahbahboobah macrumors newbie

Maybe

Maybe you could fix it by restoring your iPod, you would lose all of the songs, but they can be replaced..

3. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

My wife had the same problem, is your alarm set?

4. scoupe94 thread starter macrumors newbie

i have the alarm set at 9 am, i just turned it off, and while this may be the root of one problem, i dont think its why it starts playing the first song randomly