Very strange screen!!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MXskane, Dec 9, 2008.

1. MXskane macrumors newbie

I did work on my imac last night (bought a 20" one year ago) and it has always worked perfect.
    I do have 2gb installed.

All the sudden this happend (se the sceendump) and as soon as i open for example systemprefs och other apps it showed there.
    I did close all apps and then it still were in the dock.
    I did a restart but it did still happen.

What in hell could this be? I have no clue at all what it could be...

Please, if somebody elsle have whis problem, please tell me what to do!

Attached Files:

2. 4np macrumors 6502a

4np

reboot....

<edit>I read you just did that.Looking at the screenshot it appears to only exist in the application window; have you tried re-installing Firefox? When you 'close' apps, do you really 'Quit' them (Command-Q) or do you just close the application window? Normally, applications in OS X stay running if you close (not quit) them so that's normal behaviour.

The fact that you say that this keeps happening to every window, even after reboot, seems weird. As I get the impression from the screenshot that non-application windows are not affected. Perhaps it has something to do with the GUI itself then, perhaps with the rendering. If nothing else helps, try resetting the PRAM and VRAM, or try doing a rollback with timemachine (if you are using TM), or insert the Apple DVD for a repair. Also, do a harddrive check to see if it has become corrupt.
    </edit>

3. drichards macrumors 6502a

drichards

Nice artifacts, very artistic. If your mac keeps that up, you'll have to call applecare or put it in an exhibit at a local gallery. ;)

Whatever program is feeding localhost:8888 (joomla?) probably needs some help. It all looks really... interesting. Does it happen when you use joomla in safari?

4. MXskane thread starter macrumors newbie

I did a reboot and i did close all apps that was running.
    The thing is that when i did do that the dock were showing the same thing just for a second before the right icons did show up....

5. MXskane thread starter macrumors newbie

Well i did quit all apps. Before this happend i did correct the userrights in Disktools...

By the way.. SInce i started to work with OsX i have forgott all these commands!
    SInce this happened yesterday i will in the worst case roll back 2.3 days with TM.
    Localhost 888 is used by MAMP that i use for local webbdesign.

6. 4np macrumors 6502a

4np

And right after doing that this happened? Why did you correct the user rights? It sounds like you were already experiencing issues then...

7. MXskane thread starter macrumors newbie

Hehehe... Maybe sell it to a gallery for a new Imac! :)

No, the thing happes averywhere on my poor mac...
    The loclahost:8888 is used for MAMP