Very surprised by Apple support.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JoshGlzBrk, May 20, 2010.

1. JoshGlzBrk macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

So my iPhone 3GS headphones (with the mic and remote) stopped playing audio out of the right earbud. First I went into the Apple chat on the store page and the lady said that I should be able to set up the replacement online and she then gave me the link.

The page then asked for my serial number, what was broken, what part i needed etc. simply enough really.

Anyways of course there was the $29 dollar hold on my credit card until they got the replacement back but that wont be a problem.

What I was surprised about was the fact that they would pay for priority overnight for just headphones.

Confirmed the request Wednesday 19th 2PM, replacement was delivered Thursday 20th at 11:18am.

Just reinforced how great apple support is in my opinion :)

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Their warranty service is great IMO.
    You can always avoid the one on one "genious" type of appointment and have it setup online and go thru the process by mail. Less annoying.

3. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

This is why I recommend going into an Apple store, which saves a lot of carbon footprint.

4. Dammit Cubs macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

i laugh at the rumors but I truly hope ATT's exclusive deal is over with and let the iphone take over the world.

I really want to see iphone vs Andriod. And to really do that, we need to put iphone on Verizon, Sprint and T-mobile. Then lets see the actual sales numbers.

FACT: majority of people who have an Android are people would rather die than to be on ATT's network.

5. trajen macrumors 6502a

WTF? What does this have to do with Apple support? :rolleyes:

6. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

FACT: You have no idea what you are talking about.

7. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

Absolutely nothing.

8. alent1234 macrumors 603

companies the size of Apple will have deals set up with UPS and Fedex where they will pay a lot less than retail prices for shipping. 50% less or so

9. Ricky14 macrumors newbie

Apple is a international company so they are likely to give you good support.

10. RHatton macrumors regular

I've received a free iPod touch, MacBook battery, hard drive and 2 iPod shuffles over a period of 2 years by simply making appointments at the Genius Bar.

iPod Touch- Water damaged while I was snowboarding in the backcountry in Colorado. Guy at the Genius Bar looked up the serial, 3 years old. He ran to the back and was going to get me a refurb model and sell it to me. After 10 minutes of register trouble he just gave it to me for free and made me sign the paper work.

2 iPod Shuffles- Somehow we're getting corrupted files and wouldn't charge. Replaced the shuffle twice now free of charge.

MacBook Battery- 2 year old battery wasn't performing at what I wanted, gave me a new one out of warranty free of charge.

MacBook Hard Drive- the seagate drive had a total meltdown. Took the MacBook in and they replaced the drive out of warranty for free.

Needless to say I've had a good experience in there. :)

11. milamber macrumors regular

But you can never rely on genius spelling I suppose.

12. hippo206 macrumors 6502

So far my experience with Apple support has been nothing but excellent. I am sure if you had just walked into a Apple store, they would have exchanged it right there.

13. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

FACT: He cuts his own hair.

14. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

:rolleyes:
    You care that much about my typo I guess to put up a worthless post like that....

15. ryanwarsaw macrumors 68000

ryanwarsaw

Right because that set of headphones takes up so much space and weighs so much that it makes the delivery truck lose at least 20 MPG worth of fuel efficiency. This isn't al Gore I am replying to is it?

16. tikidoc macrumors regular

tikidoc

Not if your nearest Apple store in 90 minutes away (like me)...

17. Doju macrumors 68000

Oh poor you. There's not even ONE Apple store in Eastern Canada.

I'd have to drive 14 hours.