Carrier Very Upset with UPS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by archrider, Sep 24, 2016.

1. archrider macrumors 6502a

archrider

My iPhone was "Out For Delivery" this morning. I had to be away until 2:00 pm so I attached a filled out Authorization form signed saying leave it at the door (a door to my condo, indoors and a good area). When I got home the form was still there, no package. The web site still said "out For Delivery". I put a sign on the door in big letters saying I am home ring the bell or knock. I left the door open and sat 15' away. At 3:45 pm I checked the site. It said an attempt was made at 3:28 pm. That was a complete lie. I was sitting here at the open door at that time. No yellow tag was left. I don't mind waiting until Monday but the obvious lie is very upsetting. Because of Macrumors I was very careful and made an extra effort. UPS can't be trusted.

We better camp out at our doors.

2. Texas361 macrumors newbie

That's Unfortunate bet that guy was probably dead tired from deliveries all day and probably didn't even bother getting down. He Left it for Monday smfh

3. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

This has happened multiple times to me with UPS. I feel like condos are the worst. Where I live now they have someone st the office which they love because there are 400 some units here. They just dump a couple dozen packages a day, have then sign, and go on their merry way. Before they'd "try to deliver" despite leaving signs.

My suggestion to you is to have your local ups store hold packages for you going forward. If it happened once it's likely to happen again. Also, give ups a call and tell them what happened. I'm a huge believer in direct feedback.

4. archrider thread starter macrumors 6502a

archrider

Believe me I bent the ear of two people at UPS. One was higher up the food chain. They are having the supervisor of the local distribution center call me monday morning. I will try to be polite.

5. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

Do you want to really be upset? Try having to wait until November to get your phone.:(

6. rainafterthesun macrumors 6502

rainafterthesun

This happened to me once but it was for something else, not an iPhone.

I called an complained because it's same situation as yours, but for a dress I needed for an event that night. It's why I had paid extra to have it expedite.

The supervisor called the driver back to deliver it.

The box was obviously smushed and it's probably by him because I'm a serial online shopper and that is superrrrr rare.

Luckily it wasn't silk but still.

7. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

That is a bummer. I hear these stories frequently. So glad I'm in residential area and have a good relationship with our UPS driver.

8. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

That's definitely not acceptable. UPS owes you an apology. Especially if they did not make a legitimate attempt for the delivery.

9. Older bird macrumors regular

Older bird

Why don't you just hold it at a ups customer care center and avoid all the heartache? It's to simple to hold it and pick it up at your convenience than to put up with all the unnecessary frustration.

10. rainafterthesun macrumors 6502

rainafterthesun

The problem is that they place it at the nearest care center and sometimes it's not within the same city and that's kinda ridiculous imho.

I live in a metro/urban city and they had mine diverted to a nearby city (probably because it's a lot cheaper to lease/own) and since I don't drive, it's not the easiest thing to coordinate.

It works for some but it doesn't work for all. Plus why should OP go and spend extra time and gas for something s/he PAID to have delivered?

11. archrider thread starter macrumors 6502a

archrider

I feel for you. You will get it earlier than that. But time isn't really the issue for me. I was scheduled for Oct. 4-10. The issue is the driver tried to get away with saying he tried a delivery and I wasn't there. It was a false statement. I felt lied to. That's a bigger deal to me than waiting an extra day or week or whatever. They should have a way of saying we couldn't get to your house, sorry, we'll get it there as soon as possible.

12. Starscape macrumors newbie

Starscape

I'll leave that noble task to you.

Sorry that happened, however in many cases that 'attempt' listed was not actually when the UPS driver was there. It was just when he entered it into the computer.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 24, 2016 ---
    I don't even want to imagine. My god. About the only thing worse (maybe, possibly, doubt it though) is being slow-roasted at the stake and then disemboweled.

13. ajones92 macrumors member

ajones92

Typically I agree with you but don't even get me started on that today :mad:. My phone landed in Columbus at 6am and went to my local hub...which is open from 10-1 today. I called UPS when I didn't get anything stating it could be picked up and the person told me on the phone I could only have it today if it was being delivered. If I had it set to pickup it would be locked in the trailer until monday morning. Stupid

14. Zetaprime macrumors 65816

I was really pissed at UPS. Their delivery people do their jobs, but customer support is worthless. They give you no info that you didn't already have on the app or website and you could actually find out more on your own than they will take any effort to help you with. I was able to find exactly what plane it was on while ups fed me the same bs lines. I say boycott the company and never use them to send anything. FedEx and the postal service are better.

15. archrider thread starter macrumors 6502a

archrider

I had this covered. I put out a signed authorization to leave the package when I was out. Besides he would have left a yellow tag if he showed up at all.

16. Markarian421 macrumors member

Markarian421

I used to be on a UPS delivery route where the driver apparently just liked to go home early on Fridays. Nothing scheduled to arrive on a Friday would ever be delivered, I'd just get "attempted delivery" notices online (but no door tag). I used FedEx as much as possible while we lived there.