Very, VERY long delivery:-(

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by danish viking, May 3, 2010.

1. danish viking macrumors newbie

A couple off days ago, I ordered my first mac-computer, and I cant wait to get it! ;)
    I dont know if it has anything to say, but i'm from Denmark.

Order Date: Apr 27, 2010

2.66GHz Intel Core i7
    4GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRM - 2x2GB
    128GB Solid State Drive
    SuperDrive 8X DL
    MBP 15" HR Glossy WS Display

Ships: 18 May, 2010
    Delivers: 25 May, 2010

Is it normal to wait that long on a new MacBook Pro (allmost 1 month)?
    Can the ships and delivers date change, or are they often permanently?

2. fuzzylemurs macrumors member

It is not normal for usual orders, but you placed yours after the new line just released. There is quite a bit of hype, and a lot of people that waited to order their new MacBook until the new line came out.

There is considerable wait time due to the first come first served nature of the CTO orders, but the delay on yours does seem very long... is there anyone else in Denmark that has placed a CTO order that has the same delay?

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

I think there is delay in BTOs now, maybe they are so popular due hi res screen. The delivery sounds normal to Scandinavia but 3 weeks to build sounds bit harsh, maybe Apple is focusing on US orders

4. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

BTO order's do take longer than 'normal' orders. I would guess it has something to do with the demand of the new machines.

5. Mamdouh Medhat macrumors newbie

I'm a Dane and I ordered my CTO 15" on the 14th of April, and have been waiting ever since. Today, I finally got confirmation from TNT that it will be delivered today, May 3rd, even though Apple still lists tomorrow as its most recent ETA (it has changed a couple of times - see below).

So, to answer the questions:

-Yes, it is a particularly long wait of a month in your case, but all who have ordered CTO machines close to the Arrandale-update have been suffering under major delays due to both the immediate hype after the update and the Icelandic volcanic-ash which delayed just about every flight from Shang Hai to Europe. Furthermore, there have been talks about Apple having an apparent a lack of HR glossy displays due to excessive demand for these.

- Yes, Apple often changes the shipping and delivery dates, and sometimes several days in a row or even several times a day (if you use MROOGLE to search these forums, you'll find many recent posts about just that). Unfortunately, the past couple of weeks has for the most seen Apple push the shipping and delivery dates further into the future due to the above mentioned delays - but maybe they're just about clear of these delays now and might change your date to something more reasonable. Mine was supposed to ship 5-7 business days after ordering, but it was actually first shipped 10 days after. It was also supposed to be here on the 28th/29th of April, but the delay of flights set that back to today. But that's actually not the worst case scenario for me, since Apple at one point listed May 11th as its ETA - so I'm actually quite happy.

Hope that this helps a bit in giving you a picture of what we all have been going through.

6. Aberen macrumors newbie

I just got my new Macbook Pro (20 minutes ago) and ordered it along with a 13" version the day they were announced. (Am also living in Denmark) (should originally have been delivered the 14th of may)

the deliveries for this sku can be quite long. At least right now.

7. King Apple macrumors regular

King Apple

Thats actually exceptionally long, you can call apple and inquire about your order. The shipment/delivery dates usually fluctuate to some extent.

8. JepperMAC macrumors newbie

I'm from Denmark too. I ordered the exact same computer as you did on the 26th of April, only with a 7200rpm HDD. But i got a mail today, that says it has been shipped and will be here on the 14th of may or before :)

9. Hexero macrumors regular

@danish viking: Where did you check this? I'm wondering my delivery date.

10. Echnin macrumors newbie

I ordered the exact same configuration, and am in Norway. I ordered the machine on the 20th, was projected for delivery 4-7 May, shipped on the 26th and I received it on the 29th. The machines go from Shanghai to the Netherlands by plane, and then by truck, so it should be fast for you once it ships, at least!

11. danish viking thread starter macrumors newbie

I received a e-mail with a ordernumber and a link to Apple Order Status HP, from where i can track it.

12. Serelus macrumors 6502a

Serelus

You can't, you have to wait until you recieve your trackingnumber which is given once your package has been given to either UPS or TNT.

13. NORTH39MAC macrumors newbie

Must be lucky

Ordered my 17" on April 26th, spec'd:

2.66GHz Intel Core i7
    8GB 1066MHZ DDR3 SDRM - 2X4GB
    512GB Solid State Drive
    SuperDrive 8X DL
    MBP 17" HR Glossy WS Display

Shipped from Shanghai to Canada yesterday (Expedited) and arrived at our local clearing Center at 4am this morning. Hoping for delivery this afternoon but expect it to arrive tomorrow

Hope everyone get theirs soon!!

14. skerfoot macrumors member

me too

I'm in the US and ordered mine on the 14th. It's only shipping today, and I'd be very surprised if it makes it here (east coast) by Friday. I don't know if it's because it's an institutional order, but I got nailed with 3 wks too. Nothing too special about the custom build, I don't think.

MBP 15.4/2.66/CTO
    Z0J6

Custom configuration
    | Show Hide
    2.66GHz Intel Core i7
    4GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRM - 2x2GB
    500GB Serial ATA Drive @ 7200
    SuperDrive 8X DL
    MBP 15"HR Antiglare WS Display

15. Mirabella macrumors regular

I ordered mine (17" i7 with 7200 rpm 500GB drive and matte/anti-glare screen) the day the new line was announced, and it's looking like it won't be arriving until early or middle of next week. I'm in the U.S. – in fact, within walking distance of Apple's headquarters.

Apparently, such delays are fairly common, right now. However, I think this is just because it is right after a release of the new generation – especially when this one has been long-anticipated. I've ordered a MacBook Pro in the past, and a tiBook before that, and a blueberry iBook before that, and a Powerbook 150 before that – and they all came within a few days.

16. MaryBoog macrumors newbie

I ordered mine (15" 500gb 7200, 8gb, hi-res Glossy) on April 14th. Expected delivery: May 20!!! Ordered via Apple store. 5 weeks delivery time...:( terrible...

17. danish viking thread starter macrumors newbie

Weeeeeeee!!:)

Now it says Prepared for Shipment!! Just cant wait to get my first Mac

Can anyone tell me, from where it's normally shipped, and maybe how long it will take, to come to Denmark?????

How long does it usaul take to get from "Prepared for Shipment" to "Shipped"????

And..

What are the cycle?
    Not Shipped Yet -> Prepared for Shipment -> Shippped???? -> Delivered???

Thanks in advance:)

18. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

Usually it gets shipped within the 24h after it's "prepared". The UPS delivery from Shanghai can be very fast. I got mine in something like 24h (in Germany). Off course it can also get delayed for any reason. Once you get your tracking number you just can follow the package progression and estimate the delivery.

19. danish viking thread starter macrumors newbie

Ohhh, thats great news.. Thank you! :)

20. daniel123 macrumors member

I cancelled my order

I'm from Denmark too who also ordered a CTO MacBook Pro 17". I've just cancelled my order today, because of it was not even shipped yet and i ordered it the 16th of April. I ordered it through Humac - Apple re-seller, but their couldn't send me any information about my machine, other than the order number on Apple online store. IT WAS NOT EVEN SHIPPED AFTER A MONTH! Can this be true? Cause it's very VERY long to wait for shipping?

21. daniel123 macrumors member

Update To All!

I've just recieved an e-mail from the Apple re-seller:

Dear Customer,

We, at Apple are sorry to say, that we can't deliver 17" CTO machines at this time, would you like an 15" Ci7 instead?

AND THEY SAY THIS NOW?! I've waited a whole month!!!:mad:

*** UPDATE ***

"The only constraint we have on the 17" is the 2.66Ghz processor (065-8568), so unless the order contains this option it should be shipping as normal"

22. danish viking thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm sorry to hear that:(

23. BlackZ macrumors member

BlackZ

Ordered 2 MBP, one for me and one for my wife. Mine arrived very quickly and hers says its shipped May 3rd but will arrive 18th-19th lol

Apr 13, 2010 at 11:20 AM PDT - Order number
    View order details
    Shipped on: Apr 16, 2010 via FEDERAL EXPRESS
    Tracking #: 440019412409 (Pre-sign for this shipment)
    Product Qty.
    MBP 15.4/2.66/CTO

Apr 30, 2010 at 11:28 AM PDT - Order number
    Shipped on: May 3, 2010 via Merge In Tnst NL Til
    Delivers: 18 May, 2010 - 19 May, 2010
    Invoice: 9051874880
    Product Qty.
    MBP 13.3/2.4/2X2GB/250/SD-FRA

24. t21p macrumors newbie

Ehm, they're saying that the reason for the delays is the (un)availability of the i7 CPU's, but at first they were claiming that it is possible to receive a 15" i7 before a 17"?

Doesn't make a lot of sense now, does it?

25. Azathoth macrumors 6502a

Ordered
    15inch i5 2.4, Anti-glare

on the 24th from Eplehuset (Trondheim, Norway)

Walked in last Sat. to find out how things were going - their (and Apple's) system is not able to tell me a thing. They can't tell me if it's been made, lost or whatever. Fairly unimpressive :-s